In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mechanic help 97 Ford pickups

SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Trying to replace my door handle cable and have it all disconnected except the power lock actuator rod How in tarnation does that unclip?

Comments

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not much on fords , but a suggestion go to you tube type in the search area. 97 ford door handle replace repair or similar I am sure you will get all the instructions you need good luck
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Youtube is your friend[^]
  • SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the suggestions on Youtube. Was the first place I looked, same guy, showed how to do the cable but not the electric door acuator rod , he didnt do an electric one. It is a 97 f350 not the 97 on up f150,different style. Ive looked all over and the only reference I get is it clips on but is hard to see. Just wondering if any fellow 97 and older truck owners have done the same thing.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure about your model but I had a friend come over and made the access hole a lot larger with a jig-saw so replacing was easier and I could see what I was doing, he said no problem, the inside door cover when replaced will cover the new larger hole, he was right [;)] I'm Happy [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee