In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BLEXIT

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
What is Blexit? Candace Owens explains plan to lead ?black exit? from Democratic Party, impact 2020

https://tinyurl.com/yc3e6qs2
What's next?

Comments

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,269 ******
    edited November -1
    I have no idea kimi but I like the sound of it and hope it can have positive results in next weeks election!

May have something to do with Kayne Wests attachments to President Trump???
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    I have no idea kimi but I like the sound of it and hope it can have positive results in next weeks election!

May have something to do with Kayne Wests attachments to President Trump???

Likewise on the sound of it and its effect, if any, on the coming election.

Kanye West is running scared now. No doubt in my mind that he is afraid for his life, or some similar aspects.
    What's next?
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The inner cities are fully of deeply ignorant and sadly stupid voters. There is not one thing you can do, show or say to them to educate them on the history of (D) party black repression in America. We all know the (D) party was the party of Jim Crow laws, voter repression, slave owners and school segregation. Good luck telling the bus loads of (D) voters going to the polls in American Cities like Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, Gary IN, and St. Louis. They will always vote (D). It is what it is.
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my wife has ben telling me about just walk away and also now blexit
    she told me one speaker ( black man ) was telling the group the slaves had free housing , free food , and only had to do what there masters told them comparing the slave owners to the democrats and how they treat the blacks
    also watched a portion of a black woman on fox talking th eyounger generations breaking away realizing ther is not a raciest hiding behind every rock as the dems claim and how trump has done more for the minority than any of the dems
    sounds like a huge wave changing over
    and why th edems are so eager to get the illegals here and voting
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, he's gone, for a while. Democrats are on an all out seek and destroy mission against anyone on thing that might cost them a vote.

Might be too late, don't think blacks want to be told they MUST vote a certain way and if Kanye West was threatened or intimidated it will get out.

Kayne was something to worry about,, this is something else.
    President Trump addresses the 2018 Young Black Leadership Summit at the White House
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6wK7KOMduk
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ebonix word of the day [:D]. Also it's with an "a" and the x is capitalized for effect (like Malcolm X). BlaXit.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost
    The inner cities are fully of deeply ignorant and sadly stupid voters. There is not one thing you can do, show or say to them to educate them on the history of (D) party black repression in America. We all know the (D) party was the party of Jim Crow laws, voter repression, slave owners and school segregation. Good luck telling the bus loads of (D) voters going to the polls in American Cities like Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, Gary IN, and St. Louis. They will always vote (D). It is what it is.

Let's put the Jim Crow era in a more proper political perspective. Jim Crow has its roots back in the abolitionist days of the late 1820s...read republican party type activists. The Jim Crow laws stemmed from the extreme, constantly abusive, and often deadly treatment that southerners lived through during the eleven to twelve year reconstruction period...on the heels of the war. This reminds me of the wisdom that comes with the old saying about not criticizing someone, in this case all southern people by association, if you haven't walked a mile in another man's shoes. But I get your point.
    What's next?
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Let's put the Jim Crow era in a more proper political perspective. Jim Crow has its roots back in the abolitionist days of the late 1820s...read republican party type activists. The Jim Crow laws stemmed from the extreme, constantly abusive, and often deadly treatment that southerners lived through during the eleven to twelve year reconstruction period...on the heels of the war. This reminds me of the wisdom that comes with the old saying about not criticizing someone, in this case all southern people by association, if you haven't walked a mile in another man's shoes. But I get your point.

The 1820's is the foundation for the name but has nothing that I can find that refers to the Republican Party..

Jim Crow Laws were statutes and ordinances established between 1874 and 1975 to separate the white and black races in the American South. In theory, it was to create "separate but equal" treatment, but in practice Jim Crow Laws condemned black citizens to inferior treatment and facilities. Education was segregated as were public facilities such as hotels and restaurants under Jim Crow Laws. In fact, the United States military was segregated until integrated by Harry S. Truman after World War II.

The term "Jim Crow" originally referred to a black character in an old song, and was the name of a popular dance in the 1820s. Around 1828, Thomas "Daddy" Rice developed a routine in which he blacked his face, dressed in old clothes, and sang and danced in imitation of an old and decrepit black man. Rice published the words to the song, "Jump, Jim Crow," in 1830.

Beginning in the 1880s, the term "Jim Crow" saw wide usage as a reference to practices, laws or institutions that arise from or sanction, the physical separation of black people from white people.

Jim Crow laws in various states required the segregation of races in such common areas as restaurants and theaters. The "separate but equal" standard established by the Supreme Court in Plessy v. Ferguson (1896) lent high judicial support to segregation.

A Montgomery, Alabama, ordinance compelled black residents to take seats apart from whites on municipal buses. At the time, the "separate but equal" standard applied, but the actual separation practiced by the Montgomery City Lines was hardly equal.

Montgomery bus operators were supposed to separate their coaches into two sections: whites up front and blacks in back. As more whites boarded, the white section was assumed to extend toward the back. On paper, the bus company's policy was that the middle of the bus became the limit if all the seats farther back were occupied. Nevertheless, that was not the everyday reality.

During the early 1950s, a white person never had to stand on a Montgomery bus. In addition, it frequently occurred that blacks boarding the bus were forced to stand in the back if all seats were taken there, even if seats were available in the white section.

Thanks to the brave obstinance of a few black persons, notably Rosa Parks, things began to change and Jim Crow Laws were challenged.

On December 1, 1955, Parks wearily refused to relinquish her seat to a white man. She was arrested, fingerprinted, and incarcerated. When Parks agreed to have her case contested, it became a
    cause c?l?bre in the fight against Jim Crow laws.

Numerous historians agree that Parks' trial*, followed by a nearly 32-month Montgomery bus boycott ? and the Supreme Court's November 1956 ruling declaring the unconstitutionality of segregation on public transportation ? marked the birth of the modern civil rights movement.

By the 1960s, other Supreme Court decisions, and the Civil Rights Act of 1964, invalidated the majority of Jim Crow laws. to Republicans.

EDIT::::::: Most folks agree they ended with the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the 1975 date might be a typo.
    edited November -1
    The republicans do not get a free ride on the Jim Crow issue. What I said is the long and short of the situation. Meant for individuals familiar with the subject such as yourself.

Additionally, black folks had been riding in the white section of busses all over the south by the time activists wanted to make an issue of it. Growing up in the 40s and 50s in the south, I gave up my seat on many occasions to older black folks. Rosa Parks was an activist of the worst sort.
    What's next?
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mad MAX is a good example keeping our poor on the plantation while she becomes rich off them.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i hope you are right, because i see a midterm vote unlike any in recent memory out here at least numbers wise.. i think turnout will be more than the 2016.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig
    Mad MAX is a good example keeping our poor on the plantation while she becomes rich off them.

I don't remember any black folk in that movie. Was there any in "Road Warrior"? I know in "Thunder Dome" Tina and? This is crazy. There has to be more? Now I know what I'm doing this weekend.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    quote:Originally posted by TooBig

I don't remember any black folk in that movie. Was there any in "Road Warrior"? I know in "Thunder Dome" Tina and? This is crazy. There has to be more? Now I know what I'm doing this weekend.

waters_ytfxxd
    edited November -1
    Oh that "Max".
  • wifetrainedwifetrained Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wasn't the KKK the armed terror wing of the democratic party??
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wifetrained
    Wasn't the KKK the armed terror wing of the democratic party??

Was. Now these are barfs favorite flavor of excrement