In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw that on the news at noon. Looking at the front of that truck, I can't imagine that 3 children could do that much damage to the front end of that truck. She must have been flying down the road.

That's a parent's worst nightmare.
  • Riomouse911Riomouse911 Member Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New pickups are all flimsy, and Toyota trucks are absolute tinfoil... They're doing all they can to improve the terrible mileage they get now by taking away the weight (ie: steel in the body and panels) that
    a while ago made them sturdy.

Sad the young lady was too impatient to stop for 2 minutes and instead blew past the bus and into prison for the next 45 years.

And I feel terrible for the family who lost their kids for absolutely no reason at all. [V]
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was telling my wife about that this morning
    terrible too loose three of your kids in a instant twin boys and a young girl
    prayers to the parents and the gal that hit them
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saddest thing I've heard in my lifetime and caused by reckless careless xxxxxxx. [:(]
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To make things even more sad, for quite a while the area moms & dads have been complaining to the school about the dangerous location of that stop and the school did nothing. Today the school says that they are moving the stop inside the trailer park.

There must be a lawyer somewhere that is looking into this.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    STUPID driver and slow witted school stop location....and the stupid drive should rot in jail with a $1 MILLION dollar bond
  • mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tragic situation.

The law of tonnage seems to win.

Whatever happened to STOP LOOK and LISTEN?
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bubba Jr.
    Saw that on the news at noon. Looking at the front of that truck, I can't imagine that 3 children could do that much damage to the front end of that truck. She must have been flying down the road.

That's a parent's worst nightmare.

I can't believe the damage to that Toyota as well.

Sad deal[:(]
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably checking in on Facebook
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No doubt she drove that road before. She had her children in the truck. Most likely taking them to school. Texting would be my guess.
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of idiots would let their 6 year old kids or even 9 year old walk across the road by themselves especially before daylight? Mom or dad should have been there watching both ways and holding their hands before crossing that road.
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She seen flashing lights from a distance and didn't even slow down, she's an idiot. Doesn't matter if she didn't realize it was a school bus or not.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know that I have ever seen a situation where kids have to cross a 55 MPH traffic lane to board a school bus.

Parents, (not that I am placing blame on these parents) Please instruct your children to always look both ways when crossing traffic. We are in a era where everyone feels protected from harm, and the basic survival instinct is being weakened as products and basic interactions between humans and machines are being designed and regulated to the point where injury almost has to be a willful event.

A healthy respect for dangerous situations is necessary and must be encouraged.

All that said, not slowing down when you see flashing lights is stupid. In this case it is criminal.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Don't know that I have ever seen a situation where kids have to cross a 55 MPH traffic lane to board a school bus.

Parents, (not that I am placing blame on these parents) Please instruct your children to always look both ways when crossing traffic. We are in a era where everyone feels protected from harm, and the basic survival instinct is being weakened as products and basic interactions between humans and machines are being designed and regulated to the point where injury almost has to be a willful event.

A healthy respect for dangerous situations is necessary and must be encouraged.

All that said, not slowing down when you see flashing lights is stupid. In this case it is criminal.
    When I was in grade school, my stop was next to a 45mph road. On the return trip, we rode the bus around an extra 30 minutes before we got back to the stop. If the driver was feeling generous, s/he would stop and have us cross the street to our road. I think there were a few times the driver got in trouble for doing that.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wonder why she didn't try to avoid hitting them.. like leave the road.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most likely the DA didn't see them until it was all over. [:(!]
  • bearman49709bearman49709 Member Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

We did from K-12 grade.
    Now we have 65 MPH traffic for some kids to cross for the school bus.