In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

When are they gonna to re-boot "Miami Vice"?

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
I was looking for something to watch and I saw they re-did "Dynasty", wth? Of all things to re-do.

Anyways I was thinking "Miami Vice" would be so much better. Change the shade of the brown of the drug importers from Pablo to Mohammed. Throw in the terrorist angle and more explosion "Michael Bay Style". Hell make it like "Bad Boys" since we'll never see "3". Actually I'll be cool with "Bad Boys" the tv series. I hear Netflix has slots opening.

Comments

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ask and you shall receive

https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/miami-vice-reboot-nbc-vin-diesel-1202506455/

A reboot of classic cop drama ?Miami Vice? is in the works at NBC, Variety has learned.

The project hails from the team behind the ?The Fast and the Furious? franchise with Vin Diesel?s production company, One Race Television, teaming up with Chris Morgan Productions, which is headed by Chris Morgan. Morgan has written six of the ?Fast & Furious? films to date. However, no executive producers have been locked in yet, as deals are still being hammered out.

One Race TV is under a deal at Universal Television, which is the studio behind the ?Miami Vice? project.

Peter Macmanus will write the script, based on the original series. While executive producers haven?t been set, it?s more than likely Macmanus, Morgan, and Diesel will all serve as EPs, along with more staffers from One Race TV, and Chris Morgan Prods, including Ainsley Davies. Shana Waterman, head of TV for One Race, shepherded the project.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will watch it at least as often as I watch 50, Magnum and McGyver.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

McGyver lost me when he and his dad cut a chain link fence with their knives Scissors and they are using about as much force as I would cutting paper.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog

+1 I never watched the originals, let alone waste time on liberal hollyweird remakes........[xx(]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    but WOWSER they shoot a vehicle with a bullet and it explodes like
    Hiroshima ?????? .......yawn
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope the new miami vice will have some good tunes,, probably not.[:(]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4j7ggZqbiU
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditch-Runner - Cool beans. But Vin Diesel? As long as he's just the name, the money and not make it like "2 Fast 2 Furious". However if Roman from number 2 were to be the new Tubs I'd be okay with that. Bring in some goofiness. Now Chris Tucker would be better.

As for MacGyver I can't re-watch the original and I used to love that show. The re-boot I barely got through one [xx(][xx(][xx(]. Did it get better?
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,454 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watched the original Miami vise like a lot of people . i likeD the music and the show for its time same with magnum PI .
    I watched Macgyver I think one or two shows that was enough

same with the A-team blow up cars trucks shoot thousand rounds no one got more than a scratch and the bullet proof sheet metal ( ya I know at that time TV violence had to be zero )
    but not a lot of choices or channels to watch back then

quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    Ditch-Runner - Cool beans. But Vin Diesel? As long as he's just the name, the money and not make it like "2 Fast 2 Furious". However if Roman from number 2 were to be the new Tubs I'd be okay with that. Bring in some goofiness. Now Chris Tucker would be better.

As for MacGyver I can't re-watch the original and I used to love that show. The re-boot I barely got through one [xx(][xx(][xx(]. Did it get better?
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watched Macgyver I think one or two shows that was enough

+1