In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Odd thing happened while sleeping

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
I was dreaming that I was going in to the bathroom where the toilet was backing up and was puking on the floor. Think ankle deep of poo and water. So in the dream I start gagging and I woke up gagging like I was going to hurl.

So I'm wondering if it's sleep apnia or really bad fart that made me wake up like that.

Comments

• A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Sleep apnea is not something to take lightly.

You may want to talk to your doctor and see about a sleep study.

I snore pretty bad, snoring being a warning sign of sleep apnea, had (3) sleep studies done. All have determined that I am a world class snorer but do not have sleep apnea.
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    guilty conscience in need of purging your wicked ways...which can be alleviated by sending in a large cash donation to Pastor Jim's House of Redemption and Vacation Spa.....bless you
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dreamed i was in a house for sale...
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    interesting......, last night my dream/nightmare was about me fighting an old adversary who constantly was taunting me, as soon as i got the best of him he turned into a Goose.., stomped hid head into the concrete..., then woke up to the smell of fresh brewing coffee........., weird ..., huh ?? .......... [:D]
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    A dream of backing up toilets is generally thought to represent the search for thuth, and the fact that you have to wade through a lot of crap to find the truth.

FWIW.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    .... So in the dream I start gagging and I woke up gagging like I was going to hurl.

So I'm wondering if it's sleep apnia ... that made me wake up like that.

Just from my own experience, possibly, could also be Acid Reflux or just a really awful nightmare. Takes seeing your doctor, perhaps a Sleep Study to find out for sure.

Sleep Apnea will wake you up many times during the night, though not always fully awake so that you would be aware of it.

Some indications of Sleep Apnea -
    Are you tired after a full night's sleep?
    Do you wake up multiple times during the night?
    Do you wake up short of breath?
    Do you wake up with a rapid pulse or elevated blood pressure?
    Do you feel sleepy during the day?
    Do you fall asleep when you shouldn't? Sitting at a desk? Driving a car?

Acid Reflux can exist by itself or secondary to Sleep Apnea. A good way to find out is to take a Zantac (Ranitidine is a very cheap generic) before bedtime. If the problem goes away, odds are it's Acid Reflux.

Some indications of Acid Reflux -
    Do you wake up to a sore or slightly burning throat?
    Do you feel pains or a burning sensation (aka "Heart Burn") low in the chest against the back?
    Does the sensation only come when you lay down?

With all that, see your doc, he or she needs the money!
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by A J Christ
    Sleep apnea is not something to take lightly.

You may want to talk to your doctor and see about a sleep study.

I snore pretty bad, snoring being a warning sign of sleep apnea, had (3) sleep studies done. All have determined that I am a world class snorer but do not have sleep apnea.

I think you're right about sleep apnea needing to be taken seriously, but I suspect our local sleep apnea clinic is a racket and a rip-off.

A doctor asked me once if I wanted to be tested for sleep apnea. I told him I would pass on that. He wanted to know why. I asked him if he or any doctor he knew had ever sent anybody to the sleep study and had them come back without sleep apnea. He thought a minute, smiled and said "no".
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spasmcreek - Guilty conscience? Not likely.

USN_Airdale - I think you need to be shackled down.

searcher5 - That's kind a deep. But I was more curious I was gagging in my dream and woke up gagging like I was smelling poop. Was I actually smelling in my dream? Can people smell stuff in their dreams?

ChrisInTempe - To all the Sleep Apnea questions nope. And to the Acid Reflux again nope. I don't count the times I eat tomato sauce late at nights.