In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What If Ron Paul Was President?

MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
edited November 2011 in General Discussion

Comments

• SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    This country would get back on track to being the Republic it was meant to be.[;)]
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    really? It may sing (loosely used) for itself but I saw no substance there. Thankfully it led to other vids that explain his positions.
    I always say Ron Paul is unelectable because he is a little too old, a little too ruffled and a little too kooky but, when I compare him to the media picked trot-A-longs, I just get mad.
    Paul is not the "anybody but Obama" candidate. He is the only one present who might actually demand and effect change from the oval office. I do not imagine him compromising the constitution for the sake of security. I don't think he would ever exchange freedom for a safer travel experience.
    I still think we should support Israel and I think we should fight the drug war to win it but other than that, I cannot find a single dissagreement with his positions.
    I think it's time I got involved. Maybe I can volunteer for his campain here in Washington (is if that would help this ever blueing state)
    The least I can do is promote him here. I won't be as adement as LT or whoever that would waste their vote with a write in for the general election but I will back him until he drops out or wins. No one else makes sense in this most important election of our lives.
    Join me, would you? who else are you gonna pick?
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ron Paul is Gay.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the intelligent analysis of Dr.Paul.Your input is very important..quote:Originally posted by mrseatle
    Ron Paul is Gay.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I respect ron pauls convictions, but he's got no chance to win..... and we need to get the current bafoon out of office.
    edited November -1
    I just cant bring myself to vote for the lesser.Voting to just get the current potus out of office is just kicking the can in my opinion.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    really? It may sing (loosely used) for itself but I saw no substance there. Thankfully it led to other vids that explain his positions.
    I always say Ron Paul is unelectable because he is a little too old, a little too ruffled and a little too kooky but, when I compare him to the media picked trot-A-longs, I just get mad.
    Paul is not the "anybody but Obama" candidate. He is the only one present who might actually demand and effect change from the oval office. I do not imagine him compromising the constitution for the sake of security. I don't think he would ever exchange freedom for a safer travel experience.
    I still think we should support Israel and I think we should fight the drug war to win it but other than that, I cannot find a single dissagreement with his positions.
    I think it's time I got involved. Maybe I can volunteer for his campain here in Washington (is if that would help this ever blueing state)
    The least I can do is promote him here. I won't be as adement as LT or whoever that would waste their vote with a write in for the general election but I will back him until he drops out or wins. No one else makes sense in this most important election of our lives.
    Join me, would you? who else are you gonna pick?
    When we have attuned folks like you and those like you, Scott...what more substance do we need?[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    I respect ron pauls convictions, but he's got no chance to win..... and we need to get the current bafoon out of office.
    As much as those who seem to have no firmly held constitutional beliefs or principles want to convince and project, that the proper course is to advance and vote for a different version of collectivist just to get the 'other guy' out, this has only ensured that we continue to be governed via collectivism.

Collectivism inevitably leads to totalitarianism...

The only viable voting action that 'we the people' can take is to use the Constitution and the founding principles as a yardstick to measure candidates who aspire to elective office.

Very few measure up, but then again, they do not have to since we readily accept whatever is serve. Those who do measure up are routinely demonized, ridiculed, marginalized and shunned by established government, establishment-media, the establishment-party and by the party-faithful herd-beasts (that's you guys[:)]).

Think about that for a moment, it will illustrate a critical point and a critical bedrock issue, if you can see it.

All this would change drastically if people would consistently apply the 'measure' or the 'yardstick', though.

All we do now is to enable the two-wings of what is really a single globalist-collectivist party (dems and repubs), to continue the long march and advance us towards eventual world governance.

Of course, it is patently obvious that the vast majority either remain completely ignorant of what the Constitution and founding principles are about, or that a significant portion of that vast majority have ZERO allegiance to those things.

Both have been and continue to be on prominent display right here on these forums.

What many fail to come to grips with, is that those of us who do understand and hold allegiance, ethic, principle and belief in those founding principles, our Republic and in our Constitution, well, we will not be cajoled, herded, shamed, convinced or wheedled into compromising on those ethics and beliefs.

That is the glaring divide.

'Lesser-turd paradigm' people can't truly understand where we are coming from because they don't have the underlying ethic and principle. If they did, they would not vote for those who are proven and known to oppose those things.

Conversely, we can clearly see and understand the things the party-hacks, party-faithful and 'lesser-turders' continue to do so willingly and blithely and we can see the inevitable result.

This is simply another battleground of the real bottom-line war of the ages, both in society and in governance....the warring ethics of 'Collectivism vs. Individualism'.

Difference is, some of us know we are in a war, what the real causation is and from whom and how its real face manifests.

There will be NO compromise from those who have come to realize these things and there will be NO understanding of this simple fact from those caught in the left-right party paradigm.

I and others have simply become educated and enlightened and have broken away from the herd/paradigm.

It really is as simple as that.

And so it goes with the arguing and bickering and disagreement.
    edited November -1
    Perfectly said[;)]quote:Originally posted by lt496
    As much as those who seem to have no firmly held constitutional beliefs or principles want to convince and project, that the proper course is to advance and vote for a different version of collectivist just to get the 'other guy' out, this has only ensured that we continue to be governed via collectivism.

The only viable voting action that 'we the people' can take is to use the Constitution and the founding principles as a yardstick to measure candidates who aspire to elective office.

Very few measure up, but then again, they do not have to since we readily accept whatever is serve. Those who do measure up are routinely demonized, ridiculed, marginalized and shunned by established government, establishment-media, the establishment-party and by the party-faithful herd-beasts (that's you guys[:)]).

Think about that for a moment, it will illustrate a critical point and a critical bedrock issue, if you can see it.

All this would change drastically if people would consistently apply the 'measure' or the 'yardstick', though.

All we do now is to enable the two-wings of what is really a single globalist-collectivist party (dems and repubs), to continue the long march and advance us towards eventual world governance.

Of course, it is patently obvious that the vast majority either remain completely ignorant of what the Constitution and founding principles are about, or that a significant portion of that vast majority have ZERO allegiance to those things.

Both have been and continue to be on prominent display right here on these forums.

What many fail to come to grips with, is that those of us who do understand and hold allegiance, ethic, principle and belief in those founding principles, our Republic and in our Constitution, well, we will not be cajoled, herded, shamed, convinced or wheedled into compromising on those ethics and beliefs.

'Lesser-turd paradigm' people can't truly understand where we are coming from because they don't have the underlying ethic and principle. If they did, they would not vote for those who are proven and known to oppose those things.

Conversely, we can clearly see and understand the things the party-hacks, party-faithful and 'lesser-turders' continue to do so willingly and blithely and we can see the inevitable result.

This is simply another battleground of the real bottom-line war of the ages, both in society and in governance....the warring ethics of 'Collectivism vs. Individualism'.

Difference is, some of us know we are in a war, what the real causation is and from whom and how its real face manifests.

There will be NO compromise from those who have come to realize these things and there will be NO understanding of this simple fact from those caught in the left-right party paradigm.

I and others have simply become educated and enlightened and have broken away from the herd/paradigm.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SG
    This country would get back on track to being the Republic it was meant to be.[;)]
    +1
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    These folks have done their homework and provided us a look at the candidates from a Consitutional view.

Be warned:

They also have a Biblical World View.

I certainly would not want to offend anyone.

http://www.visionforumministries.org/issues/news_and_reports/
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that Ron Paul says it's ok to be gay, and he knowingly associates with homosexuals...
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He would be forced to go along with the agenda or pay the price. Kennedy thought otherwise and was swiftly dealt with.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sav99
    He would be forced to go along with the agenda or pay the price. Kennedy thought otherwise and was swiftly dealt with.

+1
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS
    These folks have done their homework and provided us a look at the candidates from a Consitutional view.

Be warned:

Matches my grades of the candidates.
  • 1880texan1880texan Member Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The country is so far down the sewer pipe that the only option left might well be the revolutionary one.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    it;d be purty dang revolutionary to put sumbody who aint a progressive in the Orwell office. It'd be the first time in the last 80 years or so. Ron Paul has got as much a chance as any of the other clowns on in the Goop troop.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You've got a mouth pertier than a two dollar whore! [:D]

Well said!

Merc

quote:Originally posted by lt496

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty much like Scott.
    My support is with him through the primary, or until he drops out.

On the other hand I will not write him in this time if he is not on the ballot.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No fire in the belly.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MaxOHMS

Be warned:

Seems like the grades should be pass fail. How does one get a C? By sometimes answering with the Constitution, and other times not on the same question?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I didn't hate that music so much....I got ten seconds into the video and couldn't stand it any longer.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1

perhaps, if this was a monarchy(bear with me. i know that a monarchy and a republic are conflicting ideologies.), but its not. the president is only the final step in the process. the senate and congress are the ones that propose laws, change them around, vote on them etc. the president only signs them when they get to him.

sure, he steers policy in various ways, but(with the exception of his power via executive order), he alone doesnt make the law.

even if paul is elected, and thats a BIG if, he'll still have the senate and congress to deal with.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I wish I didn't hate that music so much....I got ten seconds into the video and couldn't stand it any longer.

LOL I am half death in my left ear and cannot hear in my right. This helped. But the message is good.[:D]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Wishful thinking. He would still have a Congress of retched crooks to deal with. Without a doubt we'd be better off than with our current Prezbo, but Ron Paul won't beable to change it on his own either.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    the constitution was written before there were nuclear weapons or even weapons of mass destruction. It was written before there were airplanes or even sky scrapers to fly them into. Our founders did not consider those things because they did not exist and were not even imagined.
    The US (and Iran) entered into a nuclear non proliferation treaty along with 196 other nations. Iran is not on the list of approved countries. They do not need nuclear power and they should not be allowed nuclear weapons, for the treaty they signed and for the totalitarian regime that governs. To allow them nuclear weapons is to condone nuclear war. Their leaders absolutely want to control the region, destroy Israel and it's people and create a monopoly on middle-eastern oil. They are a special kind of evil who only bargain to gain time, time to impart their caustic beliefs and time to build a weapon that will necessitate a nuclear retaliation and WWIII.
    I suppose, if it were any other nation, the notion that they need nukes to protect themselves from nuclear neighbors might seem reasonable but it is naive to ignore Iranian stated policy toward Israel and believe they won't do exactly as their leader has promoted.
    It is a mistake to let that happen when we can stop it before hand. Should we have stopped Hitler before he attacked Poland and France, killed millions of minorities and cause a war that stretched around the world? This board would contend we should not have intervened in either WW...If we hadn't, this would be a very different world we live in.
    People like to say (ron paul says) this isn't our business because Iran doesn't have a missile capable of reaching the US. I say, they could put a nuclear bomb on a jetliner and fly it to any major airport in the country, detonating it over the closest city.
    Remember Iran declared war on the US in 1979. That declaration has never been recinded. This is very much our business.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the video. I just forwarded it on to some old folks, and some a bit younger.

I contributed to his campaign the last time and will do so again provided he is in the running, but not until then. America needs a positive change and Ron Paul is the only candidate who can deliver something good for this country.
    What's next?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:LOL I am half death in my left ear and cannot hear in my right.

Sorry to hear of your passing![}:)]
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:LOL I am half death in my left ear and cannot hear in my right. This helped. But the message is good.[:D]

He has "walking dead" in his left ear, a condition commonly referred to as "zombie head" [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Wishful thinking. He would still have a Congress of retched crooks to deal with. Without a doubt we'd be better off than with our current Prezbo, but Ron Paul won't beable to change it on his own either.
    Yes, but the critical importance of a constitutionalist being in the office of the POTUS with its accompanying bully pulpit, veto power and national stage, all which would be used to reintroduce the American public to constitutional limitations and the principles of individual liberty and state-sovereignty, cannot be overstated.

In addition, the influence of the POTUS on the national conscience, on legislative matters and on shaping constitution-based/liberty-based public debate, is undeniable and of absolute importance in the effort to turn the tide.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    the constitution was written before there were nuclear weapons or even weapons of mass destruction. It was written before there were airplanes or even sky scrapers to fly them into. Our founders did not consider those things because they did not exist and were not even imagined.
    The US (and Iran) entered into a nuclear non proliferation treaty along with 196 other nations. Iran is not on the list of approved countries. They do not need nuclear power and they should not be allowed nuclear weapons, for the treaty they signed and for the totalitarian regime that governs. To allow them nuclear weapons is to condone nuclear war. Their leaders absolutely want to control the region, destroy Israel and it's people and create a monopoly on middle-eastern oil. They are a special kind of evil who only bargain to gain time, time to impart their caustic beliefs and time to build a weapon that will necessitate a nuclear retaliation and WWIII.
    I suppose, if it were any other nation, the notion that they need nukes to protect themselves from nuclear neighbors might seem reasonable but it is naive to ignore Iranian stated policy toward Israel and believe they won't do exactly as their leader has promoted.
    It is a mistake to let that happen when we can stop it before hand. Should we have stopped Hitler before he attacked Poland and France, killed millions of minorities and cause a war that stretched around the world? This board would contend we should not have intervened in either WW...If we hadn't, this would be a very different world we live in.
    People like to say (ron paul says) this isn't our business because Iran doesn't have a missile capable of reaching the US. I say, they could put a nuclear bomb on a jetliner and fly it to any major airport in the country, detonating it over the closest city.
    Remember Iran declared war on the US in 1979. That declaration has never been recinded. This is very much our business.
    Neocon blather, IMO.

Oh, by the way, Scott, the limitations on government spelled out in the Constitution are still in effect, until and unless changed via the Amendment Process.

In your post, did you propose or point to some amendment to the Constitution that I missed?

In addition, Scott, the principles enshrined in the Constitution are timeless and are just as applicable and important today as they were during our founding, if not more so.

You can be anti, but at least step up and admit it and own it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    You've got a mouth pertier than a two dollar whore! [:D]

Well said!

Merc

quote:Originally posted by lt496

[:I][:D][:D][:D]Funny stuff, thanks...I think.
  • Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ron would sure as heck veto a bunch of BS coming out of congress.
    Government is way too big and a money loser in everything they touch.

Unfortunately, people vote for the person with the darkest hair.