In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

4 Lb. Chihuahua Needs A Home...

USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
and we want it but !! the puppy is in Colorado. my wife and i are trying to get a 4 lb. Chihuahua from Colorado to Arizona, the folks who now have it want to find a good home for the 1 y.o. puppy because they were left with it by their daughter, and are not allowed to keep it where they rent. my Son, who knows the people is trying to get it to us but does not want to send it by commercial airline.

anyone got any idea how to best make this happen ?

Comments

• bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    If you would pay my gas to and from Phoenix I would be more than happy too...my son lives in Suprise and I would like to see him...just kidding [:I][:D][:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Beth's Boss Ships dogs and cats all over the world. They use Continental Air lines, I have delivered them to the airlines. Animals well taken care of. Dont know of anyother way.. Make sure to arrange to be there to pick them up when the plane lands..
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Back when Dawnie worked for a veterinarian, she used Greyhound to ship a lot, but only the heads. I bet they would carry a whole dog if you asked them.
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    FedEx ships fighting chickens, they would probably ship dogs overnight too.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    UPS ships live animals, has to be on the Overnight Deal ...

Shipping Live Animals

UPS provides service on a limited basis for packages containing some types of live animals. The term "animal" as used herein refers to anything living, except plants. While the list of "Accepted Live Animals" provided herein is an exhaustive list of animals that can be offered for transportation in accordance with the conditions listed, the list of "Prohibited Live Animals" is only a partial list of animals provided to clarify specific species that are not accepted for transportation and may not be shipped via UPS. Any animal not specifically listed on the "Accepted Live Animals" list is prohibited by UPS and will not be accepted for transportation.

Packages containing live animals must be prepared in accordance with the requirements as specifically stated herein. Packages containing live animals must provide for the basic humane care and safety of the animal during transportation. Any package containing a live animal shall be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper's risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.

In the event a package containing a prohibited item is found en route or in the UPS system, that package will be stopped at the location or UPS facility of the discovery. UPS reserves the right to dispose of the package.
  • MudderChuckMudderChuck Member Posts: 4,105
    edited November -1
    When I was working for Global Van Lines, we took pets all the time. A lot less traumatic than an airlines. But heck what is it, like a 2 hour flight, how traumatic can it be? Many of the furniture movers are owner operators and a lot more flexible than you'd think.

Two days in the cab with a trucker or two hours in an airplane?

I remember two days in the cab with a Parrot that only knew cuss words.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Contact Chihuahua rescue groups, they have volunteers all over the country and they use a ferry system to transport dogs across the country. One volunteer will start in Coloado, meet another volunteer on the new mexico border and so on.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah man a 4 pound Chihuahua sounds too good to pass up. Just go for a drive and get it. I miss my "Dink" he was a cool dog, ate by coyotes.
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    Contact Chihuahua rescue groups, they have volunteers all over the country and they use a ferry system to transport dogs across the country. One volunteer will start in Coloado, meet another volunteer on the new mexico border and so on.

BINGO!

E-mail someone in the chihooa-hooa breed parent club or resue as CS8161 mentioned.