In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Wait, how does this happen?

Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So, I'm looking at this auction, wrapping head around it, so on and so forth, and then I notice this:

quote:[Information added 4/24/2012 7:30:25 PM]
RIFLE IS SOLD AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I WILL HAVE OTHERS AVAILABLE SOON. THANKS SAM

I thought that once you have bids, and the auction is basically a sale/over the reserve, or whatever, that a seller can't sell the rifle/whatever is in the auction, locally; or wherever.

Am I wrong?

Auction:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=283675428

Perhaps I don't understand how things work?

Comments

• Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    You're right and he's going to have a problem with the high bidder and Gunbroker when the auction ends.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well that happened to me on here once and I got a very nice Bulgarian Arsenal AK-47 for next to nothing.[;)]
  • Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Well that happened to me on here once and I got a very nice Bulgarian Arsenal AK-47 for next to nothing.[;)]

I'm thinking that the high bidder might want some sort satisfaction, after the auction ends. This would suck, as that's a very nice parts kit, on that American made receiver.

Personally, I'm looking for a few M70 parts. But, I've found it to be hard to find what I'm looking for, and, I'm starting to expand the scope of what I'm willing to purchase.

@Spider, thank you! [:)]
  • onepopperonepopper Member Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How come this topic wasn't poofed? Is this the general discussion forum or the auction side? Where's NUNN?
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1

I remember that you crook. And your welcome for the link to that one......
  • Oso2142Oso2142 Member Posts: 2,940
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by onepopper
    How come this topic wasn't poofed? Is this the general discussion forum or the auction side? Where's NUNN?

Well, because I pay Nunn a lot of money not to poof my posts.

Nunn, check's in the mail. [:D]

On a serious note, I don't need support, I'm not suggesting any changes to GB, I'm just asking a question. The guys here know this stuff really well, and I trust them. Well, I kind of trust them. [:p]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    High Bidder Bid after this was posted on the auction.

quote:
    [Information added 4/24/2012 7:30:25 PM]

RIFLE IS SOLD AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. I WILL HAVE OTHERS AVAILABLE SOON. THANKS SAM

He Bid on 4/26/2012
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by legear

I remember that you crook. And your welcome for the link to that one......

Your welcome and I thank you many times you just don't hear it.[;)][:D][:D]
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    High Bidder Bid after this was posted on the auction.

quote:
    [Information added 4/24/2012 7:30:25 PM]

He Bid on 4/26/2012

All the other bids were before the update. The Auction did not end til today. The last bid should win the auction.