In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

UPDATE AGAIN PLOT THICKENS: Skull found close to..

jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
UPDATE May 02, 2012:

Now they think there are 2 sets of remains!!!!!!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47267600/ns/local_news-lexington_ky/
Fleming County Officials Say Remains Of Two People Found Near Where Human Skull Discovered
WLEX-TV
updated 50 minutes ago
Authorities in Fleming County now say that they have discovered the remains of two people in an area where a human skull was discovered last week.

On Wednesday, Kentucky State Police said that during a subsequent search of the area, additional skeletal remains were discovered and submitted for analysis. Preliminary findings indicate the remains are of two individuals, one of whom is taller than the other.

The recovered skull is believed to be that of an Anglo or Hispanic male, whose age is between 18-30 years of age.
Other information gathered suggests the skeletal remains were not of an approved burial location and may have been in the area from six to 24 months.

Anyone having information in this investigation is encouraged to contact the Kentucky State Police Post 8 at 606-784-4127. The case remains under investigation.

Below is what I posted on a couple of forums earlier this mourning and later tonight. Seems a human skull washed up into a culvert near one of my farms. So now we have another mystery death on our hands. There is an update below the "Original" post.

ORIGINAL POST:
The below story is about a human skull found less than a mile from one of my farms. Many have heard me mention that from time to time a body or parts there of pop up here in KY and I have been told that "no longer happens", well guess what!!!! Funny thing is the first thing everyone will say is an old cemetary BUT none in that area except the one beside my farm. Delaney runs almost parrallel to the road my farm on with a strip of land between 1/2 mile at closest point and 1/5 miles at teh widest. I have an idea where the skull was found and that is just under 1 mile from my farm as the crow flies. Anyone know os some one missing, might want to send dental records to the Fleming County Sheriffs office!!!!

Human Skull Found In Fleming County
WLEX-TV
updated 4/29/2012 9:45:52 PM ET

State Police say a human skull was found Saturday afternoon in Fleming County.

Officials say it was found on Delaney Road. No other bones were recovered.

The skull was sent to Frankfort for an autopsy.

Now State Police are asking the public to contact them if they know anyone who has gone missing in the Fleming County area.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47226291/ns ... ington_ky/

UPDATE:
Well today they had 6 cadaver dogs and handlers plus every KY state trooper, game warden, local LEOs, and area residents walking the area looking for the rest of the remains. According to the prelimnary findings, very prelimnary I might add, the skull has been dead for around 6 months, was seperated from the rest of the spine naturally (not severed by say a knife or whatever) so they figure the rest of the remains are close in the area, and they are speculating it "could" be a mexican as to race but that is pure speculation being no missing person reports at all. We have a lot of mexican migrants that come around during tobacco growing season with many (most) not being legal or documented so they come and go with little notice or warning. Also there are at least 3 (and to be honest up to 10) unsolved murders in that area, the Fleming, Nicholas (my home county but I have a farm in Fleming and one in Nicholas) and Robertson County "triangle" which have ties to drugs as the most probable connection to each murder/possible murder. Now reason I say at least 3, there are several more listed as suicide and/or accidents that no one believe for a second that as the actual cause knowing who they were as well as their lifestyle/friends/aquantices. So the saga continues and with tonights heavy rains, there could be more remains washed down IF the rest of the remains have not already done so, on down through the culvert where the skull was found in, to the larger streams. The wooded area is right beside a very rural road, one that has only 4 residents on it's entire length of 2 miles, with the forest floor having a very heavy layer of leaves on it plus it is steep ground as well. As I stated, the last I heard was around 5PM and they were actively searching then with dogs and pepole with plans to search till dark. Will update as I learn more.

Comments

• woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It might be an old family cemetary, most of those are not recorded, but existed in modern times, up to early 1960's
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if no one claims it, do you get to keep it?
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    They sent the skull for an autopsy? No other bones were found?

I'm guessing the cause of death will be something like "separation from the rest of the body"

Could have saved them the postage on that one.
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Gotcha some well-fed hogs on your farm there?

[:D]
  • oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful. That revealed your county and your state, if you were here yesterday, you know where that can lead.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by oldrider
    Be careful. That revealed your county and your state, if you were here yesterday, you know where that can lead.

So true...

Quit while you're a head.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    It might be an old family cemetary, most of those are not recorded, but existed in modern times, up to early 1960's
    They claim that the skull is from a person that has been dead . . . for about 6 months . . . so what pray tell is anyone doing placing the head or any body parts deceased for six months, into a private/family cemetary from the early 60s or older??? (Perhaps you did not note how long dead in the original posters info???) [:(] [?] [:(]
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    if no one claims it, do you get to keep it?
    LOL... seriously funny stuff[:D]
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    heff is researching this with the rangers,even as we speak.
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I kind of lost my head in a meeting last year. Mine had 2 eye holes and a place for a nose and mouth with one crown on the top set of teeth. Any chance that was it?

Good luck, while we're all poking fun, I wouldn't want to be getting the questions that you are!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BikerBob
    I kind of lost my head in a meeting last year. Mine had 2 eye holes and a place for a nose and mouth with one crown on the top set of teeth. Any chance that was it?

Were you wearing a hat?
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is this a small town? Be careful! And keep your name out of the investigation!!!!!
  • TopkickTopkick Member Posts: 4,452 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    heff is researching this with the rangers,even as we speak.

^
    This! I laughed out loud![:D]
  • Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    jjmitchell60 we still have one here in Pendleton County that hung himself with barbwire and shot himself in the back of the head. The sheriff called it a suicide and he has never been identified other than possible being from Mexico. We also have a bunch of Mexicans killing themselves all over the place. There has even been write-up`s in the local news paper about the suicide rate of Mexicans ?
  • jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    There have been more "developments" since last night. Now they "think" a young girl around 16 or so. The pther bones they fpound helped to confirm a time line of death as to 6 to 8 months ago. I knwo soe parent is wondering where their child is most likely and that is sad IMHO.

As to them knowing where I am, SO!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jjmitchell60
    Human skull found near one of my farms...

I wondered where my head fell off.[}:)]
  • AzhunterAzhunter Member Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like you need to start digging the graves a little deeper.....[}:)]
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Terrible news Duce. When will these senceless suicides stop? I wish I could help. Ammo perhaps!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cbxjeff
    Terrible news Duce. When will these senceless suicides stop? I wish I could help. Ammo perhaps!

Barbwire and ammo is selling quick here in the county cbxjeff. Maybe send more Mexicans would help out ?
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    did you go to wal mart and take some womans bra to wrap the head in?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ashes of ex-lovers?