In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HELP 2 P or not 2 P

tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Have had chest and head cold for several days now. Finally went to DR for cough and got some VERY GOOD STUFF, HYCODAN.

Only problem, it shuts down the P factor. I get the urge to go and pee right now but the spinchter(sp) muscle won't relax and let it flow. I mean it's like that first whiz in the AM and got to go right now, but it just won't flow.

I've tried the old hand in warm water and that didn't help. I'm now on plan B, drink more beer, but that just seems to back up more pressure. I suppose I could drop the meds but that would probably bring on more coughing which I wanted stopped in the first place!!

Looks like I need to sleep on the rubber sheet tonight in case my wet dream really gets wet. Tom

PS: Why did I post this?? Don't know, just trying to boost my post count higher. IBTL, Tom

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    maybe try a warm bath?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    In before the move to politics!
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Yet another forum member seeking medical advice on a gun forum.

I'd rather pee than quit coughing.

You might want to call the doc's office and tell them what's happening. Or not happening.

Good luck with this.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..Just wait. It'll block up the other exit also.
  • timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    blow real hard on the tip of your thumb[:D]
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    stop taking the Hycodan!!!
    It's hydrocodone and a good cough suppressant, as well as narcotic pain reliever.
    take robitussin or mucinex for the cough instead.

tom
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember: The only thing more stupid than asking for medical advice on a gun forum is taking medical advice from a gun forum.

Call your doctor.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Note to all: Read my last sentence. Just raising my post count, not really asking for advice.

BUT, since there a lot of old timers here, there is a good possibility that someone has the same problem and will give better advice than you will get from a teenage DR who doesn't really have a clue,nor care, what you are talking about.

Sometimes, after 2 days of coughing my head off, feeling like the top of your head is going to blow off or your chest feels like you have broken ribs, you will gladly swap one discomfort for another.

Spartacus. Yep, Mucinex was prescribed and it is very good stuff but just a little slower. Had I thought about it and taken it sooner, it may have prevented going to doctor in the first place!!

Thanks for all replies. It gets all our message counts a notch higher. I can't wait until I hit the million mark. Gonna be a helluve give away. Tom
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:Remember: The only thing more stupid than asking for medical advice on a gun forum is taking medical advice from a gun forum.

Call your doctor.

and you don't think doctors frequent gun forums?
    c'mon rocky, you've been here long enough to know better.

tom,
    DR Tom to YOU![;)]
  • oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You just got advice from a real doctor. Pay attention and thanks for the chance for me to up MY meager post count.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i have a garden hose and some grease
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Catheter, KY, deep breath and...
  • Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Tell the doctor of the side-affects and he can give you yet another prescription- for prazosin or such.
  • rongrong Member Posts: 8,459
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a job for Foley.
    Enjoy!
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I applaud your doctorositiness, Tom. But you aren't HIS doctor. His doctor may well know something about him that you do not.

Other than that, I bow to your expertise.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.