In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Police are right....who needs guns?

odenthevikingodentheviking Member Posts: 523 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
In this area there has been alot of pushing to stop CCP being issued. So, can the "POLICE" protect us all the time?

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.-Colorado Springs police are searching for two masked men who fled when a man with a license to carry a firearm pulled out his gun and opened fire.
Police say an unidentified man and his wife were taking a walk when they were approached by the two masked men dressed in black and ordered to the ground.

Police say the man had a license to carry a concealed weapon. They say the two robbers fled when the man pulled out his gun and opened fire after one of the suspects pulled out what appeared to be a weapon as they fled.

Read more: Colorado Springs bandits run after victim pulls out a pistol - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_19439083?source=rss#ixzz1fCq5ZqXr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Comments

• Options
    airbornerizzairbornerizz Member Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice, good thing the guy missed, the robbers would probably try to bring up attempted murder charges
  • Options
    minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by timinpa
    A CCP/CCW does not give the guy the right to "run around playing cop" it is not a vigilante permit. When you fill out the application for a permit there are reasons listed why you want to carry and one is SELF defense, nowhere on there does it sat "to play cops and robbers". This guys behavior was a very bad idea, and could have gotten him some serious concequenses.

That being said, I'm sure the couple was happy someone stepped in.

I would hope someone would help if it were my family and I wasn't there.

Did you read something different?

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.-Colorado Springs police are searching for two masked men who fled when a man with a license to carry a firearm pulled out his gun and opened fire.
    Police say an unidentified man and his wife were taking a walk when they were approached by the two masked men dressed in black and ordered to the ground.
    Police say the man had a license to carry a concealed weapon. They say the two robbers fled when the man pulled out his gun and opened fire after one of the suspects pulled out what appeared to be a weapon as they fled.

Allen
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Playing cop!? Did I read this wrong or was it the "victim" and not some passerby who produced the gun?
  • Options
    timinpatiminpa Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I read it wrong, sorry[:0][B)] original post deleted
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When only the cops have guns, it is called a police state.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't worry sheep, at least you can keep your teeth for now.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    What must one do to "play cop?" Arrive two hours late, ask dumb questions, and fill out paperwork? That's what the police do. Insurance salesmen impersonate cops every day. Armed citizens do not.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by airbornerizz
    Nice, good thing the guy missed, the robbers would probably try to bring up attempted murder charges
    You are so wrong! [;)]

If the shots are true, there are no attempted murder accussations, there is no attempt to sue.

Tere would just be six people working double time putting those guys under the grass.

I heard good advice from a LEO for whom I have good regard. "Once you pull it out use it and use it well ... use all you ammunition ... save a lot of trouble later for everyone." [:)] [:0] [^]

I've also heard and believe is the line "Shoot very true or Stay very blue."