In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Do you work with that guy?

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Ever have a co-worker who knows just enough about a process or subject to know the terms and basics, then decides to debate with you over something that you are troubleshooting for them?

We were having an issue with a PLC Control loop controlling ph via a caustic valve. A week ago, some tuning adjustments were made to a very similar control loop that uses the same valve, but for a different reaction. I take a look at the loop and logic controls and tell him what I found and he's arguing that "That's not it, I garantee it" "blah blah".

Just enough to use some terms and try to sound versed in the subject.

This particular guy has been doing this for some time....very annyoing.
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    Not so much with co workers as with customers. These days anyone who has found the faucet display at Home Depot thinks they are plumbers. I had a guy graciously tell me he was willing to pay me enough for the job so I would break even. Maybe he figures I will make it up on volume.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want annoying customers, try growing and selling plants! People will argue with me that Parsley is Cilantro! I don't argue any more......I just say "ok" and sell it to them. Stick THAT in your pico de gallo! [}:)]

Merc
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mercury
    If you want annoying customers, try growing and selling plants! People will argue with me that Parsley is Cilantro! I don't argue any more......I just say "ok" and sell it to them. Stick THAT in your pico de gallo! [}:)]

Merc

Lol.
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe you're selling the wrong kind of plants
  • EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, guy I work with knows everything possible. We call him "The Google Bandit" , if at the time he hears something and has no comment two days later he is an expert.
    We make up stuff all the time to catch him during breaks and lunch. A kid just got married and new home in need of some updating had some good issues to get going on.......
    "grout extractor" rub it on set overnight and tiles come off to reuse later
    "liquid sandpaper" paint on and no need to sand hardwood flooring
    "varnish leveler compound" levels out the refinish on hardwood floors
    "french chlorinator" constantly chlorinates a well to protect from legionaires disease
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice! Lol