In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR Lower parts kits question

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Several places online have pretty good Labor Day sales going on. One place has DPMS kits at $53.99 with free shipping ,they also have Rock River at $68.99 with free shipping.
. Question,,,is Rock River better quality or are you just paying extra for the name ?

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used mostly DPMS for rifles I intended to sell. For rifles I intended to use myself, I used RRA NM trigger kits. The RRA kit pins seemed to fit better and were easier to start and set. All of them went bang when expected and none did so unexpectedly.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The RRA NM LPKs are NOT what you'll be getting for $68.99. If it is tell me where I'll but their 2 stage trigger all day long for $68.99. Most are $99-$120 just of the trigger/hammer let alone a complete LPK.

DPMS, Bushmaster are both affordable parts kits. I have not had any problems with them in rifles I've assembled.
  • Options
    9 on the floor9 on the floor Member Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DPMS lower parts kits generaly go for around $58-$60, so it's not a bad deal.

Ive installed plenty of their LPKs with no problems at all.

If it was gonna be my own rifle, I'd spend the extra 15 bones for the RR kit, but that's just me.

Somehow deep down, I suspect they're all stamped out in the same basement anyway.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey talk to Riomouse911 he can get lower parts kits for under $40.
  • Options
    deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Daniel defense makes the highest quality LPK out there Imho but they come at a premium. Rock river and stag are really good in the $65 range