In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Year....what gun you saving for?

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
So......bringing in the new year, what gun, gun parts, or accessories are you all saving for and hoping to purchase this year? I can't be the only one that sets these goals. [:p]

I am dead-set on getting myself a Ruger SR1911 this year. Other then that, I will probably get some other parts and accessories for my other guns.

Jon

Comments

• 35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Either another .35 Whelen bolt-action, or a Ruger No.1 in .458 Lott.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    S&W 617, 6" barrel, 10 shot and a Beretta 92FS are on my very short list.
  • booter_onebooter_one Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November -1
    Looking at a Garand. Just need to find a nice one. Maybe Mark will list one for me.[;)]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    1977ish Colt Python .357 Royal Blue,,,[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was saving... But now it's on order... SIG RCS 1911 Nitron... [;)]

Gotta start a new pot...
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58

Gotta start a new pot...

Nice! [8D]

Jon
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by booter_one
    Looking at a Garand. Just need to find a nice one. Maybe Mark will list one for me.[;)]

I have not seen him list a bad one.
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester Model 21 in 16 ga and or a nice Model 42 with a rib.

Mule
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I have been jonesing for a couple different ones and it will come down to the first one I can find a good price on.

Browning HP T series
    Winchester pre 64 Model 70 in 220 Swift
    Couple of older S&W revolvers in the Masterpiece series

This list may change by tomorrow.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a new gun, but rather a nice chest rig/plate carrier, a new high quality knife , a gun belt and accessories to go on said carrier...... Very pricy stuff. :/
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well I am hoping to save up enough by spring to pick up a nice
    FIE frontiersman or maybe a RG 22 pocket pistol , shoot maybe one with the original box that would be great [;)]
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    I have been jonesing for a couple different ones and it will come down to the first one I can find a good price on.

Browning HP T series
    Winchester pre 64 Model 70 in 220 Swift
    Couple of older S&W revolvers in the Masterpiece series

This list may change by tomorrow.

Skicat,
    You have very good taste.[^]
    W.D.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    38/44 Smith. If a nice single shot 45-70 comes my way leaning towards a high wall or Remington rolling block
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need a new cylinder for my Charter Arms Bulldog. It's the old school version and one of the tips of the ejector star is broken. Thinking about going with a stainless cylinder and have the rest of the gun cerakoted in graphite black and add some nicer grips.

There are two guns I'd like to buy. A Ruger LCR in .22 Mag and one of the Ruger American rifles when they come out in stainless in .308 Win.
  • wwiimanwwiiman Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see a 300 H&H and maybe a 257 roberts in my future
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You should consider ordering from CMP....just picked up a beautiful HRA for a great price. Five days from when they received my order and the rifle was at my door.

I didn't expect to get my M1 so quickly, so I am at a loss at the moment for what I will buy next in 2014. But no worries, something will come to mind. I really want a Suburban, so gun buying may be on the back burner for a while.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

You should consider ordering from CMP....just picked up a beautiful HRA for a great price. Five days from when they received my order and the rifle was at my door.

I didn't expect to get my M1 so quickly, so I am at a loss at the moment for what I will buy next in 2014. But no worries, something will come to mind. I really want a Suburban, so gun buying may be on the back burner for a while.

You leaning towards new or used?

I love my 92' Suburban. I don't put a ton of miles on it because it is mostly a winter driver for work and my hauler/hunting vehicle. In the summer it gets very few miles on it. I think it has 147,500 or so.....not bad for a 92'. [:D]

I need it to last me a few more years here and then I would like to update it. I want to get a new or newer Tahoe or Suburban. Someone was telling me that the brand new one has a rear seat that folds down into the floor, flush, so you don't have to remove it? That would be pretty cool. I have the 3rd row seat, but it just sits in my garage with a cover on it for the most part.

Jon
    edited November -1
    Used, I couldn't swing $50K plus!! Back in Nov I came close to buying a 2010 with 59K miles on it, but the dealer and I were $1k apart so I walked. Around here the only used low mileage Suburbans are rental turn ins, private party folks don't seem to trade Suburbans like they do other vehicles.
    edited November -1
    Used, I couldn't swing $50K plus!! Back in Nov I came close to buying a 2010 with 59K miles on it, but the dealer and I were $1k apart so I walked. Around here the only used low mileage Suburbans are rental turn ins, private party folks don't seem to trade Suburbans like they do other vehicles.

Holy cow! I didn't realize they were up that high until I started looking them up on the internet. Getting one a few years old with some miles on it and saving a bunch of money is definitely the way to go. If they last like the older ones, you will be good to go for a long time! Is the 5.3L the only engine that comes in them now?

I just looked into the seat thing and the 2014 model for sale locally, doesn't show the 3rd row folding into the floor. Must have been a rumor going around.

Jon
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 35WhelenClassic
    Either another .35 Whelen bolt-action, or a Ruger No.1 in .458 Lott.

I traded for a Ruger No.1 in 458 Winchester...still have a box of bullets (500) gr.
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trying to justify a "Blaser" in 257 Weatherby...[:o)]
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A nice 6" Colt Python
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77

Holy cow! I didn't realize they were up that high until I started looking them up on the internet. Getting one a few years old with some miles on it and saving a bunch of money is definitely the way to go. If they last like the older ones, you will be good to go for a long time! Is the 5.3L the only engine that comes in them now?

I just looked into the seat thing and the 2014 model for sale locally, doesn't show the 3rd row folding into the floor. Must have been a rumor going around.

Jon

5.3 ltr is it unless you step up to a 2500, GMC Yukon Denali or Cadillac Escalade they come with a 6.0 ltr. The 5.3 ltr has been a great motor for GM, it is a little under powered for the weight of a Suburban but does ok.
  • jesnlsnjesnlsn Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    would like a full size wilson 1911 in 38 super, but having trouble rationalizing the 3K.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    A nice 1917 Enfield or a WW2 era 1911 is probably next. 2013 was very good to me so I have no complaints.
  • cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Martini in 218 BEE that I hope to get finished.
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Iam wanting a 1911 in 38super and to build my first AR,just need to find a job first.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58

Gotta start a new pot...

Nice
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,308 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Thinking about selling a Yugo Mauser I have, then buying a Remington 700(most likely)30-06. Then having it rebarreld to 6.5-06.
  • rob223rob223 Member Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want another single-six. I had two (1-blued, 1-SS) and was going to sell one. Wound up having a guy make me an offer (about double what I paid) I couldn't refuse and figured I could replace one later. Now I want to find the one. My son wants to buy one of my .40's off me, so I figured I'd use the money to get the Single-six.
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Provide there is money to "save" -

Colt New Service in .44 S&W special. ... always wanted one !

or a Dan Wesson Model 15-2. Replacement for the one that got away !

[^][;)][:p]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going for a no fluff kind of year.

Ruger American, 223 Remington SS
    Ruger American, 22 Magnum Compact
    Ruger American, 22 Long Rifle Compact
    Springfield Armory, Range officer 45 Acp
    FN, FNS 9mm Luger
    FN, FNX 45 ACP
    Put together 1 more AR type rifle.

In reality if I get two or three of these I will be happy as a possum eating poop[:D]
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been thinking about converting over to a Dillon 1050. But I have also been looking at LaRue rifles on the auction side lately.
  • 1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ammo for them all. Need I elaborate?
  • cavman 69cavman 69 Member Posts: 654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'm with you^, just saving for ammo.
  • TangoSierraTangoSierra Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77

Jon

No, it's not a rumor about the third row seats. I saw the 2015 models at the Texas State Fair in October. Third row seats are power operated and fold down flat out of the way on the SLT models they had on display. They were sure nice vehicles. $$
  • victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A couple of boxes of CCI Mini Mags to feed my little Beretta.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marlin 336 youth, .30-30 WIN for Mrs. Zulu.
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Ruger #1 in any caliber I don't already have.

BFR in 30-30

A highwall in 45-70