In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Definitely NOT your Mama's venison recipe ...

FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
quote:Originally posted by Mercury
Agreed. How can you even taste the meat? [:I]

Merc

quote:Originally posted by Tailgunner1954
If mama ruined good venison like that, I'd feed it to the dogs and use HER for 'yote bait

quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
They lynch people for stuff like that here in the South. [xx(]

quote:Originally posted by silver salmon
Why not just pump sludge directly into your veins?
The best way to eat venison burger is the way it comes out of the grinder!

Not an inspiration but rather a dedication to the above comments. You want to truly taste the venison? Here you go! [:p][}:)][^]

1%20of%202_zpsx1vkkwvf.jpg

2%20of%202_zps318vbgqo.jpg

Just an appe-teaser while warming up the grill.

Thinly sliced venison tenderloin, a side of sriracha sauce, pickled ginger, a shot of Montana Moonshine Honey Whiskey.

Cheers!

Comments

• RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    That there looks good'nuff to eat!![:p][^]
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    That there looks good'nuff to eat!![:p][^]

Yep, it actually is! My parents were in the meat market business for nearly 40 years and used to eating raw beef fresh out of the slaughterhouse including liver (yep it's an acquired taste, esp. the texture).
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    I was thinking that was not medium rare [:D]

No Sir, it's as rare as they come. [8D]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pass. I want my meat cooked. No raw fish either. Sooner or later some bacteria or virus will catch up with you. Then it could be curtains.
    edited November -1
    Backstrap fajita[:p]

bs2_zps7110bdf1.jpg
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Pass. I want my meat cooked. No raw fish either. Sooner or later some bacteria or virus will catch up with you. Then it could be curtains.

Hate to agree with you but I do on this. Got hit bad after some not well cooked pork. Beef I will go with a little bloody. But pork or Venison it has to be well done not even pink.
    edited November -1

L[:p]L! I've eaten all kinds of food in many parts of the world without getting sick (I've been fortunate I guess) but I hear you loud and clear ... I've slowed down quite a bit though. I was just trying to make a point to those I am dedicating this post "IF" they truly want to taste the venison in its purest form. [}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

Hate to agree with you but I do on this. Got hit bad after some not well cooked pork. Beef I will go with a little bloody. But pork or Venison it has to be well done not even pink.

Raw/uncooked pork and chicken is bad juju!
    edited November -1

I don't want under cooked pork but venison and beef are fine with a little red/pink. Now burger that I buy in the store is getting fully cooked. I cut all my own deer up so I don't have to worry about eating crap/bacteria.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FEENIX

Raw/uncooked pork and chicken is bad juju!

I helped cook chicken on a bunch of cookers for a charity. I mean they sold hundred of plates of food. Folks were waiting in line to get their chicken. One man was really complaining. I took one off and put it on a plate.. eat at your own risk. It was 1/4 done and bloody. He shut up.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've never had venison raw, but I'd certainly try it!

Merc
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Only One thing I will Eat that Raw[:I]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    Only One thing I will Eat that Raw[:I]

L[:p]L!
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87