In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

P51 flying Tribute today.

dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Sitting having a coffee with my Bride with our deck door open, when I heard a familiar rumble. Grab binocs and headed out on our deck. There was a P51 that is maybe familiar to some of you, it name is Ole Yellar formerly owned by Bob Hoover, now owned and flown by John Bagley of Rexburg Idaho.
Anyhow he was making passes and doing loops in areas that coincided with cemetery locations around the valley, I might be wrong, but can't help but think it also coincided with the times that the Honor guards would have been at those cemetaries.

A little while later two other P51's joined in and they were making some low level runs across the valley, the sounds of the three in formation making a run made me think of all the men in arm who heard that sound and felt a surge in their heart that help was on the way.

A big Thank you not just to the men of the Greatest Generation but to all who have served and supported.
Freedom isn't free.
All gave some, Some Gave All.

Mule

Comments