In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

When your daughters fuss with each other....

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
Mine are 24 and 20....they get along like most sister's do....pretty well, but there is always this tension between them.

My oldest is moving from her apartment into a house...so my other daughter had the bright idea to move in with her and help do things like paint and such until she returns to classes in the fall.

This started the great battle of 2016....where they spent an entire day insulting each other and each of them sending ME updates so I might could "take their side" on things. (Not happening)

The older one does not want to live with the younger one....

the younger one got her feelings hurt by this....

the younger one started trying to make the older one feel bad for not wanting to live with her....

the older one got ugly and instead of feeling bad, named off every horrible thing the younger one has done in the past few years as "reason" she doesn't want to live with her....

then younger one goes into "I'm going to kick your ____ next time I see you.....

older one starts trying to save face and make it seem like the younger one is making threats for no reason whatsoever, never mind the scathing mess she just said about the other one....

the younger one starts trying to SEEM like she is the rational one and none of this is "her" doing, not that she could have just taken "no, I don't want to live with you" and move forward, we had to poke the hornets nest....which EVERYONE around here knows the older one is very much a hornets nest when it comes to anything emotional or drama filled.....

So....I had to go off on BOTH of them..... "You are both INSANE and both to blame, you are both texting and messaging mess you wouldn't say to each other's faces....put down the phones and stop it now."

No matter what....forever and ever....I will hear them both say mess about today. "Remember when Coral said she was no longer my sister." "Remember when Karen said she was going to kick my ____ because I wouldn't let her move in with me." Blah blah blah.....

Girls are fun.

(Meanwhile Liam is out fishing....smart boy!....avoiding all of it.)

[:D]
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We left ours at home this weekend. They scrapped with each other all weekend and didnt do anything they were supposed to. They can stay home next time we go to the beach too. I'm tired of that crap.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish I were on a beach......dealing with this nonsense would be a lot better if I were looking out over the ocean!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would rather raise a barracks full of boys as two teenage girls. Our girls fought with each other like cats and dogs.
  • CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Kasey, the answer is about 2 fingers, 2 fingers of good whiskey in a wash tub. That will fix it.
    My ol dad bought a set of boxing gloves for my little brother and I when we where about 7&8 years old. When we got to fussing at each other, he'd put the gloves on us and throw us in the wood shed. Solved a lot of problems. The training came in very handy later in life.
    W.D.
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Easy fix. Get a pair of shock collars and put them on the girls. Give the remotes to the other sister and set them in a small room. If either of them gets too loud, bzzzztttt. If either of them shocks the other, they get shocked back. They'll eventually work it out. If not, you'll always have the video to watch and laugh (did I mention you should record the whole thing?) [:D]
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    yep never a dull moment when you have girls, mine are 15 and soon to be 21. heard it all before but no one better mess with one of them or the other is fast on the draw to come to her aid. [:D]
    got to love them [:D]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd handle it the same way I handle dogs fights in the yard...hit em with a 5 gal bucket of water! [:D]
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    I would rather raise a barracks full of boys as two teenage girls. Our girls fought with each other like cats and dogs.

+1
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    grand girls are 99%+ natural identical triplets, very pretty gals... ...graduate high school next year..fight like banshees over clothes and food ( i put it in the fridge FOR ME)... 3 as alike as you could ever imagine but totally different ...bet going separate ways after high school will be harder than they realize
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never put up with any crap raising my two girls.

I am not saying they are or where perfect but they knew their was a very fine line with me that crossing simply wasn't an option.

When I see kids today literally cursing their parents I feel anger towards the parents more then the kids.

With mine the older one used to mess with the younger one and I warned her time and again the day would come that the little one might just get bigger and kick her *.

When that day came I let it go on until I figured the older one had endured enough and she never gave her "little" sister any more guff.

They got along great ever since and today they are 29/26.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 2 daughters ages 30 & 35. One still lives at home the other is married. There was never any drama between the two of them as they grew up together at home.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    Man, my girls are angels in comparison. Don't know how I lucked out.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect

Maybe it's because they are like you...perfect. icon_rolleyes.gif
    edited November -1

Pert near. My oldest, as a JR in HS, just got the highest score on their latest exam in her bio chem class at the local university. She goes there full time as part of running start and is pulling a 4.0 there this year.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Pert near. My oldest, as a JR in HS, just got the highest score on their latest exam in her bio chem class at the local university. She goes there full time as part of running start and is pulling a 4.0 there this year.

My littlest just finished her Jr. year. Here they call it MOWR (Move on when Ready) She got a 4.0 on that segment, still waiting on the scores from the HS portion as she was taking several classes there to qualify for a Pre-Veterinarian pathway. (It will be 4 something as honors and AP get extra points one counts 4.5 the other counts 5) In the fall she will have one animal science class at HS and the rest at KSU. The county also has a new rule that if you do not take at least one class on the HS campus you are not eligible for Valedictorian or any other Honor position.
    edited November -1
    They are doing great today.....not a word about yesterday. I'm sure the whole nonsense will rear it's ugly head the next time they start bickering.

I'm not sure why anyone would want boring old perfection....when almost every awesome person I know has a little chaos around them. [:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

My littlest just finished her Jr. year. Here they call it MOWR (Move on when Ready) She got a 4.0 on that segment, still waiting on the scores from the HS portion as she was taking several classes there to qualify for a Pre-Veterinarian pathway. (It will be 4 something as honors and AP get extra points one counts 4.5 the other counts 5) In the fall she will have one animal science class at HS and the rest at KSU. The county also has a new rule that if you do not take at least one class on the HS campus you are not eligible for Valedictorian or any other Honor position.
    Kudos to her! I don't think they give out extra points on the GPA here. [V]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    They are doing great today.....not a word about yesterday. I'm sure the whole nonsense will rear it's ugly head the next time they start bickering.

I'm not sure why anyone would want boring old perfection....when almost every awesome person I know has a little chaos around them. [:D][:D][:D]
    That of course presumes perfection is boring.[;)]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

That of course presumes perfection is boring.[;)]

I'm just thinking of all the fun I'd have missed out on if I weren't so hard headed......this is why I can put up with all the crap my three try to get away with!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun

Kudos to her! I don't think they give out extra points on the GPA here. [V]

The younger of my girls had taken AP classes and had a few college credit classes out of the way when she started at Wallace, but they didn't offer any special program here. It was just an option if you wanted to pay for the course, they could get the credits. I was more than surprised when I learned they were doing completely away with the advanced diploma in Blount County schools. I thought they were doing the bare minimum to begin with....but they found a way to do an even crappier job.

I wish there were private schools out here.....I would have sold a kidney if it came to it! [:D] When we bought the house here in Locust Fork we expected the school that we both graduated from....but things have declined. Its not a "ghetto"...no real drug problem....just a small town country school, doing the least amount of work possible. Its pretty much a daycare at this point.
    edited November -1

If I were you I'd go beat up their mother 'cause they ain't kin to you. [:D][:D]
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have twin step daughters and wow can they go at each other and you had better not interfere. They are best of friends and hardly apart. One is high class, nice boyfriend, good job, plenty of money. The other, just as smart but brings home strays. Hard to figure out.