In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Selling My Old Patrol Rifle, Smith & Wesson M&P15T

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
edited June 2016 in General Discussion
http://www.GunBroker.com/item/564672022

Don't have a cow. I simply replaced it with something I like better.

Comments

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OMG no penny start without a reserve? heaven forbid! [:D] So you guys carried personal rifles. Some of my folks want to be able to carry their own since we issue vintage 67'-68' M-16A1s. They shoot straight, but are 20" rifles, my guys want to have shorter carbines with rails and toys.

That is a good buy, especially with those Troy battle sights.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    We had it both ways; issued and personally owned. I was issued a 1975-manufactured Colt M16A1, a DOD "grant." But, we had 58 officers and 20 rifles. That's DOD for ya. We asked for 60 and got 20.

Officers who had personal rifles were allowed to use them, but we were still short. So...I bought this one. It is a great rifle, and I never carried it in a rack, but always in a padded case in the trunk, so it isn't very dinged up.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some folks may not recognize that the HK style troy sights alone are over $150.00. Now is not a great time to sell ARs, they are dirt cheap. I'd lose my butt if I tried to sell my Colt 6920, they are selling for $200 + less than what I paid for mine.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of more interest to me is what did you replace it with?
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Of more interest to me is what did you replace it with?

easy chair and a cold beer[:D]
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    Some folks may not recognize that the HK style troy sights alone are over $150.00. Now is not a great time to sell ARs, they are dirt cheap. I'd lose my butt if I tried to sell my Colt 6920, they are selling for $200 + less than what I paid for mine.

That depends on why you are selling. If it is for profit then yes a bad time. If you are selling to replace it, or recoup the cost of replacement, the current market doesn't matter. While you are selling for less you are also buying for less. Low prices or high prices, it's the same either way.

Sure, if you have the means and want to hang on to it until prices rise again, you'll do better. But if you want the money to finance the new one, it's a wash.
  • TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would inclined to keep
    it until after the election.
  • mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a personal ar too. Being left handed, I chose to put one together that way with a trijicon reflex sight. Didn't take it every day, but could grab and go time permitting. Qualified with it w/o a problem.
    edited November -1
    Replacement is an Anderson ORC, much lighter and handier. And cheap.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good looking rifle nunn. Had I had more disposable income I would've jumped on it.

I too find I like a lighter weight AR. Still want what I consider the basics - iron front sight, forward assist, dust cover, and red dot. Find myself no-longer interested heavy rails.

Have Wyndham that meets my needs currently. Wouldn't mind a couple more in the stable.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the helpful comments!
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Free shipping for forum members?[;)]
    edited November -1
    Sure. Why not?

Free shipping for forum members.