In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

You believe FLIX (Showtime) aired this?

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Good Morning Vietnam, an anti-war film that insults the American military was aired on Memorial Day. These liberal pukes have no shame.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    Good Morning Vietnam, an anti-war film that insults the American military was aired on Memorial Day. These liberal pukes have no shame.

Agreed, they should have ran a pro-Vietnam War movie instead.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Don't make it right, but all they saw was the name. They don't care, and if they do, it is in the wrong way. There are certainly a whole lot more movies, that showed more respect toward those who served over there. Disagree with that war or not, those veterans deserve respect for going where their country called. I know, there are a lot of them on this board, and every single one of them, and every single veteran who fought for our country, has my complete respect.

I could tell the story of an old man, who was the biggest pain in the * that ever lived, or running someone a real close race. I was one of the few who tolerated him. Asked why, I said, because I know what he did in Korea. He has a right to be a pain in the *. And, I might add, it was a right that he excersized freely!
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should show good propaganda films like the Green Berets.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RobOz
    They should show good propaganda films like the Green Berets.

They did on AMC [^][^]
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look at who these media people are. They are all liberal DEMOCRATs
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    actually, IMHO 'Good Morning Vietnam' just showed what a snafu the upper echelon was pulling. It honored the 'grunt' who was actually doing the dying and fighting.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watched 'Saving Private Ryan' and was deeply moved.....like I am every time I watch it.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    I've never seen that movie. How does it insult the military?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I was in Vietnam 1966 GOOD MORNING Vietnam Is the only movie IMHO that showed the closest to the truth of any Vietnam move I have ever seen . IT is not ANTI war it is anti BS and during 1966 There was plenty of that we could not have more than 4 people in a group Danger to too many people at one place BUT could have a full meeting of a battalion on a parade field to give a metal for worthless OFFICERS. we gave up M 14 that had been ours and we had shot before deployment
    for a rifle that had no cleaning gear and never had training to even Zero the Gun
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    I was in Vietnam 1966 GOOD MORNING Vietnam Is the only movie IMHO that showed the closest to the truth of any Vietnam move I have ever seen . IT is not ANTI war it is anti BS and during 1966 There was plenty of that we could not have more than 4 people in a group Danger to too many people at one place BUT could have a full meeting of a battalion on a parade field to give a metal for worthless OFFICERS. we gave up M 14 that had been ours and we had shot before deployment
    for a rifle that had no cleaning gear and never had training to even Zero the Gun
    I have always heard that Platoon showed it fairly accurately.,
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A lot of dead anti-war soldiers were remembered on Memorial Day, so what's the difference?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never saw the movie as insulting to the American military. Maybe you had to have been in the military to appreciate it for what it was.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The original "All Quiet on the Weastern Front"....and "Good Morning Vietnam"...I agree with Perry....
  • NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter

Were there any good officers? Did an enlisted soldier ever get a "metal"?