In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Done on the east coast for another year

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Had a good visit, funeral was nice, if there is a way to describe a funeral.

On that, I grew up in a very religious setting and spent many years of my youth at church, church camp, bible studies and consider myself well versed in reigion although I choose not to practice religion for my own reasons that stem from bad things happening in life and while being told one thing and seeing another, wait a minute, going to take this somehwere forums rules don't allow, my apologies.

Anyhow when Grandp died he was wheelchair bound froma stroke, the night he died grandma held him and all she said was "he can walk again". As I stood there at her casket with memories flooding my every thought one thing came to mind, yes if you "believe" Grandpa could walk again and now Grandma is at his side and they walk together once again. If you believe, yes there is a positive side to the death.

The rest of the visit, it's funny how funerals bring people together, a certain family member turned her back on me when I rebelled and went my own direction. Never speaking to me nor would her husband or her kids, I was an outcast because I strayed from religion and chose to be a different person, well there was aplogies made from both of us and forgiveness accepted from both.

Friends, seen several people I had not seen in ages. A few of them, infact all of them, it is amazing how age changes folks and matures them. We could talk about things we could never talk about before, it was always macho talk and now, now we could talk deep and discuss things that at one time would make you look weak in that circle of friends. Of course there was LOTS of memories shared and I cannot believe some of the things we did and are still here to talk about them or not sitting in a prison cell!

Kids, still a rough one. Ashlee did not show up for the funeral and I made no attempt to find her. She knew I was there, she can find me because I am done trying. She is my daughter and I love her very much but I'm done putting myself out therr only to be hurt.

Robert, he showed up and that was a touchy meeting at first. Aftet the backstabbing he gave me my trust in him was gone. We eventually spoke, pretty long discussion but I am leary and untrusting still. He will have to earn my trust but I am here if he wants to talk.

Kenny, man this is a tough one. He was there with Robert and we got along just fine, we had a pretty serious talk and I see even more how he has been damaged. I spoke my part, explaining the best that a person can explain tough life choices to a 13 year old who has been brainwashed. On Monday I went to his school and had a private meeting with his guidance counselor, the boy gets no help at home and he has issues. I can only do so much so I asked the school for help. I explained the divorce and everything else that has happened and my fears of Kenny being bottled up and a loner. I made sure that th school understands why he acts the way he does, I accepted responsibility for it and asked for help in helping him. The school seemed very interested in helping and thanked me for coming to them. She told me most parents won't do as I did, my concern for my son and me asking them for help I think suprised her.

The ex, I'm not in jail for landing one on her chin so her not showing up was a blessing.

Comments

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One less person seems most East coasters are moving south
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    One less person seems most East coasters are moving south

Can't stand the south! Too many bugs, to damn humid and there is just as many people in the south as where I'm from in PA except they have a funny accent! I may * about where I'm at now but compared to the rest of the choices I had I think overall I made the right choice!
  • redhawkk480redhawkk480 Member Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    which way are you headed back home ?
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm on the Hoosier Toll Road right now at the first service plaza that's open, about 110 miles from Gary. Was going to stop in Gary and see if I could find a hoo,,,, excuse me find something to eat[:D]

If you're in the 'hood give me a shout, 40692527sixsix.

Can't miss me, got a load of wire spools on the deck.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you wave on your way down 81?