In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Sticky for the fallen GB members !

FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
How about it mods?[^]

We've lost some good people lately. Thanks for the consideration.

Sure, here you go. RIP, all of our fallen members. [V]

Comments

• FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I guess what I meant is that if the threads (i.e., aka rotten and Doug Wilson's) can be moved under 1 sticky ... kinda like a shrine of some sort to pay our virtual respect (no pun intended).

Sorry for being a pain. [}:)]

Thanks!

ADDED:

Awesome! Thank you sir.

Ed
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FEENIX
    Sorry, I guess what I meant is that if the threads (i.e., aka rotten and Doug Wilson's) can be moved under 1 sticky ... kinda like a shrine of some sort to pay our virtual respect (no pun intended).

Sorry for being a pain. [}:)]

Thanks!

You can look them up and post them here, for example:

Doug Wilson: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=562790

AKA Rotten: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=564213

ScottM21166: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=549091

Zipperzap: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40285
    edited November -1
    Bill Goforth: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=496306

Iver-Johnson and Harrington-Richardson expert and author
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have lost some really good members here over the years. May they all rest in peace and enjoy that happy shooting range in the sky.Oak
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    We have lost some really good members here over the years. May they all rest in peace and enjoy that happy shooting range in the sky.Oak

Amen to that!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our friend Steve Pryor, AKA Spryor.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sav99
    Our friend Steve Pryor, AKA Spryor.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=349606
  • walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
    edited November -1
    DEDICATED TO ALL OUR FALLEN ANGELS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppGPzQOnrpY

Animated
    fin-50--anglel-is-born.gif
    edited November -1
    That's awesome Wallie, thanks!!! [^]
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    joeaf1911a1

3rd Infantry Division, WWII (same div. as Audie Murphy).

I have no info..but fear the worst.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    joeaf1911a1

Joe hasn't posted in three years. He was quite a regular poster so I am afraid he is gone.
    I enjoyed Joe's posts. He was an infantryman in WW2 in the battles in Europe. He called himself a "dogface."

Joe grew up in, and lived in, New Jersey.
    I was fascinated to read his stories of taking the train up to New York City when he was a teenager, to buy guns!
    It was legal. Joe and his buddies were into muzzloaders. They would go to gun shops in New York in the 1930s and buy Colt and Remington cap and ball pistols.
    These were no Italian replicas, these were Civil War surplus guns. Nobody cared about the old Civil War guns then, and Joe and his pals bought them cheap.

If you have passed away, Joe, Rest in Peace. You are missed.
  • MrM1A1MrM1A1 Member Posts: 2,764 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, I missed some of these passings in my absence. May all of our fallen friends rest in peace, and may their families find solace in their memories. So sad...[:(]
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instead of just a sticky make a slot like the "Fishing Hole". But more like a cemetery.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    joeaf1911a1

Joe hasn't posted in three years. He was quite a regular poster so I am afraid he is gone.
    I enjoyed Joe's posts. He was an infantryman in WW2 in the battles in Europe. He called himself a "dogface."

I was fascinated to read his stories of taking the train up to New York City when he was a teenager, to buy guns!
    It was legal. Joe and his buddies were into muzzloaders. They would go to gun shops in New York in the 1930s and buy Colt and Remington cap and ball pistols.
    These were no Italian replicas, these were Civil War surplus guns. Nobody cared about the old Civil War guns then, and Joe and his pals bought them cheap.

+1000

Was this the old fellow that used to like to post pics of deer on his property from time to time.

He also rode a quad when he could, and posted pics from those trips around his property as well.

I have been trying to remember his name, as I think this might be him.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    joeaf1911a1

+1000

Was this the old fellow that used to like to post pics of deer on his property from time to time.

He also rode a quad when he could, and posted pics from those trips around his property as well.

I have been trying to remember his name, as I think this might be him.
    Was he that guy who tried to win the GB t-shirt contest at the highest elevation riding his quad?
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • wanted manwanted man Member Posts: 3,276
    edited November -1
    I've been away from the forums for the better part of 2 yrs, and I'm so very sad to see names I recognize here. May they each find peace and rest at their final destination
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I ATF have been gone for over a year.I gave up my FFL because I fell and broke my neck.It will take some getting used to,
    Good To Be Back.
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ATF
    I ATF have been gone for over a year.I gave up my FFL because I fell and broke my neck.It will take some getting used to,
    Good To Be Back.
    welcome back! Very happy to hear your not a causality.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan
    quote:Originally posted by ATF
    Good To Be Back.
    welcome back! Very happy to hear your not a causality.

Amen to that!
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SHEEPDIP..AND STEVE PRYOR..RIP BROTHERS..Loko [V]
    [img][/img]BillyHill.jpg
    edited November -1
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    R.I.P Rob, 'Pitjeep'
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes it was joeaf1911 who used to post all the pictures of his "pet" deer. He fed them every day.
    As a WW2 vet he had to be in his eighties. His wife probably didn't know how to work a computer so, if and when he passed away, there was nobody to notify the forums of what happened.

I did enjoy talking with Joe, especially about WW2. When I was a kid in the fifties my neighborhood was full of WW2 vets but, now, most of them, including my Dad, are gone.

Rest in Peace, Joe, you are missed. And thank you for defending American freedom in WW2.
    edited November -1
    Yes it was joeaf1911 who used to post all the pictures of his "pet" deer. He fed them every day.
    As a WW2 vet he had to be in his eighties. His wife probably didn't know how to work a computer so, if and when he passed away, there was nobody to notify the forums of what happened.

I did enjoy talking with Joe, especially about WW2. When I was a kid in the fifties my neighborhood was full of WW2 vets but, now, most of them, including my Dad, are gone.

Rest in Peace, Joe, you are missed. And thank you for defending American freedom in WW2.

Amen to that!
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Amen to that!
    To ALL those who have gone before us... Defenders of OUR Liberty... The 'Dog Faces' from our heritage...
    You are ALL MISSED... And to you... SIRS... We will remember you ALL.

I for one, am damn glad they aren't hear now to see what has happened
    to the LIBERTY they so willing fought for and cherished until they were no more.

Rest In Peace..........................
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58

Amen to that!
    To ALL those who have gone before us... Defenders of OUR Liberty... The 'Dog Faces' from our heritage...
    You are ALL MISSED... And to you... SIRS... We will remember you ALL.

I for one, am damn glad they aren't hear now to see what has happened
    to the LIBERTY they so willing fought for and cherished until they were no more.

Rest In Peace..........................

+1[V]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ben Newton, Fishermanben. RIP
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...RIP Ben...you were always the gentleman...[;)]
    edited November -1
    http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=594265

RIP Fishermanben! Our thoughts and prayers to your entire family circle.

God bless!
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    I have not been on a long time and I apologize.

But, Joe "joeaf1911a1" did pass away last year.

We all lost a great man and a great friend.

He was my friend and my mentor.

Here is his obit.

It doesn't mention his love of guns, reloading and shooting, but so
    it goes.

Joseph A. Fournier, 86, of Middletown Township, NJ, died on Wednesday, August 1, 2012 in Red Bank. He was born in New Monmouth, and lived all of his life in Middletown. Joseph was a graduate of Leonardo High School, class of 1943. Joseph worked as a Team Leader for the HVAC unit at Fort Monmouth for many years before retiring in 1981. He was a former communicant of St. Mary's Church in New Monmouth. Joseph was a veteran of the US Army having served during WWII. He was in the 3rd Infantry Division in the European Theater and was proud of his awards which included the Bronze Star and Combat Infantry Badge.

Joseph was the best husband, father, and grandfather anyone could ask for. He loved boating, reading, watching old westerns and puttering about in the cellar.

Surviving are his wife of 62 years, Margaret Fournier; daughter, Ann Marie Fournier and her husband Kenneth Hall of Neptune City; daughter-in-law, Debra Fournier of Middletown; and 2 grandchildren, Jennifer Lynn Fournier and Joseph W. Fournier.

Joseph was preceded in death by his son, Joseph G. Fournier in 2009; and his brother, George Fournier.

A Memorial Gathering will be held Saturday, August 4, 2012 from 2 to 4 pm at John F. Pfleger Funeral Home, 115 Tindall Road, Middletown. For more information, to send condolences or for directions, please visit www.pflegerfh.com.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    and I am glad Jorge has not joined you just yet.
    [:D]
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please ad my friend PTHEIM or Paul to those who knew and loved him to this list no one wants to be on. Thanks to everyone who replied to my notice from this morning. All the care and prayers has comforted me and mine.
    He brought a new person into the hobby to my range earlier this week.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    R.I.P,Paul. You'll be remembered and missed.
    edited November -1
    RIP tomahawk.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    RIP tomahawk.

+1 Such a shock....Jacob, you are in my thoughts.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    RIP tomahawk.

+1 Such a shock....Jacob, you are in my thoughts.

Amen to that!