In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Time traveler caught in 1928 film?

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
This is funny, but I really don't know what it is because it does appear the she is talking, not listening.

Youtube video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU

Foxnews story,

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/10/29/time-traveler-just-hard-hearing/?test=latestnews?test=faces

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    IF you could travel back in time, you couldn't take your cell phone. Solid objects can't go through, remember? IF you could take a cell phone back to 1928, it would not work, since there were no cellular towers/repeaters in 1928.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Surely at that time the rich could buy some sort of hand held music player or somesuch thing, and this is just some ugly lady enjoying an opera recording or sumpthin.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Ckeck out her foot wear.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Man feet, man hands, I think its a drag queen. [:X]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would imagine there were people with mental illness back in 1928,....just like today.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • marc2564marc2564 Member Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    J. Edgar Hoover?
  • Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    IF you could travel back in time, you couldn't take your cell phone. Solid objects can't go through, remember? IF you could take a cell phone back to 1928, it would not work, since there were no cellular towers/repeaters in 1928.

When was the last time you traveled through time? There could have been two of them. That way they could talk to each other, and brought a tower with them.

I personally think it was captain Kirk (in drag) talking to Spock.[;)]
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    Solid objects can't go through, remember?

So you come out nekkid??? So what you are saying is that strippers are time travelers?? Interesting!!
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She was holding a small portable ear trumpet for the hard-of-hearing, and talking to the small girl that appears in the lower left of the picture. That is, if this is the same thing that was posted the other day.
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Sandy is just astonished by this, but I think it's just an old lady with an ear trumpet. Sandy (always looking for the UFO in the sky) just can't figure it out.[}:)]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's either a time traveler or an old lady holding something to her ear with loose dentures, or chewing gum or talking to somebody out of frame.

If that's not what it is, it must be something else.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cell phone would make no sense, since the infrastructure did not exist it would be a useless gadget for a time-traveler
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Hard to believe this film maker has been watching this scene over and over again for over a years time. The Siemens company made hand held hearing devices in the 1920's, for some reason the link will not come up on my post. Do a web search of hearing aids of the 1920s. Maybe someone will have better luck than i of bringing up this link. I believe this to be more credible than a time traveler [:X]
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cahas
    Hard to believe this film maker has been watching this scene over and over again for over a years time. The Siemens company made hand held hearing devices in the 1920's, for some reason the link will not come up on my post. Do a web search of hearing aids of the 1920s. Maybe someone will have better luck than i of bringing up this link. I believe this to be more credible than a time traveler [:X]
    Here we go, try this, get on the siemens site, go down and click on about us then click on our history then 1924www.hearing.siemens.com
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind of neat. I just cant buy anything found on youtube though.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave W.
    Kind of neat. I just cant buy anything found on youtube though.

No problemo. Go over to E-bay.
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unlike these modern days where bigger is better, people in the past preferred their ghetto blasters to be small and inconspicuous.
  • scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So that's where Dano's been.
  • Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    cell phone would make no sense, since the infrastructure did not exist it would be a useless gadget for a time-traveler

Your trying to use logic when talking about time travel. Maybe she had a super duper thing-a-ma-bob.
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Strange is expected in HOLLYWOOD CALIFORNIA. Why would anyone want to time travel back to 1928 Hollywood? If this crowd was stuck back at that time we would either be dumping stocks and bonds or pricing and buying Thompsons.[:D]