In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SR-556 whose got one, how do u like it?

Comments

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't buy one because they are to freaken expensive so there I temporally bumped this back to the top.
  • TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sig 556 prices have been coming down.....

Look at this listing:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=198420000

$865.00 NIB -- that's the best price I've seen lately.
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    I think they will be sitting on a lot of nice rugers for a long time since you can get a Sig 556 for under a grand.

Ruger was innovative and put out the first mass production piston AR. Never had a ruger I didn't love. I bet it's a hell of a rifle, but that price is way out there.
  • MrM1A1MrM1A1 Member Posts: 2,764 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    REALLY want one. I love Rugers and I love AR's, so I must have one some day. I would like to sell my Sig556 and maybe get the SR, but stupid "NR" bidders keep bidding on it, winning, and disappearing. I just don't like the Sig, and it has to go. I am hopeful for the Ruger, sounds excellent.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrM1A1
    REALLY want one. I love Rugers and I love AR's, so I must have one some day. I would like to sell my Sig556 and maybe get the SR, but stupid "NR" bidders keep bidding on it, winning, and disappearing. I just don't like the Sig, and it has to go. I am hopeful for the Ruger, sounds excellent.

Why don't you like the Sig? I have a 556 P Pistol and it shoots good; just very loud!
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    Mr. M1A1 why do you want to get rid of your Sig? I am curious also.

ahhh, I like this one. It is a sig-556 classic model too, it comes with a rear sight and MRD.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=198435213
  • MrM1A1MrM1A1 Member Posts: 2,764 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TexasVet

Why don't you like the Sig? I have a 556 P Pistol and it shoots good; just very loud!

It shoots alright, I just don't really like how it feels, don't like the forearm, and it's too heavy up front for how much plastic it's got. I have more than a dozen AR style rifles and I like the Sig the least. I personally have no need for it. I've pretty much got all the AR's I really need/want, except the SR556, and a LMT, and a LWRC, and all the Colts I want, a slew of different caliber AR's, a couple belt-feds, there's an old Oly I want, dang. I guess I DON'T have all the AR's I need/want, but the fact remains, I'm not a fan of the Sig. I've got it back up for auction if anyone is interested. $1,100+ship.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=198480419
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1

It shoots alright, I just don't really like how it feels, don't like the forearm, and it's too heavy up front for how much plastic it's got. I have more than a dozen AR style rifles and I like the Sig the least. I personally have no need for it. I've pretty much got all the AR's I really need/want, except the SR556, and a LMT, and a LWRC, and all the Colts I want, a slew of different caliber AR's, a couple belt-feds, there's an old Oly I want, dang. I guess I DON'T have all the AR's I need/want, but the fact remains, I'm not a fan of the Sig. I've got it back up for auction if anyone is interested. $1,100+ship.

I always thought the AR receiver extension/stock set up on the first Sig carbines was kinda unsymetrical. Thats why I havent bought one. I'd like to do some shooting with one of the classic models, they seem to be better thought out.
    edited November -1

The hard part about selling a used Sig 556 is the guy that's selling the Sig 556 Classics with the folding stock -- NIB here for $865.00 --and he's only sold a few; many of them have been relisted several times.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by quickmajik
    Mr. M1A1 why do you want to get rid of your Sig? I am curious also.

ahhh, I like this one. It is a sig-556 classic model too, it comes with a rear sight and MRD.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=198435213

That's the one I almost bought, would have lost my ars on it too...6 months ago those were going for $1500 on GB and $1700 in the local shop...hell the ar I just built cost that much!!!