In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Count down to the "cleaning lady!" Ha ha ha ha!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
We have all been VERY busy lately....work, football and friends...all the typical mess that leads to things getting behind. I have a plan though. There is a friend of mine that cleans houses and I am going to get her to come spend a day getting this place "caught up." I can't wait until the kids come home later and I get to tell them.....Miss Caroline is coming.

I am going to tell them that I am giving Miss Caroline garbage bags and she is going to throw away ANYTHING that isn't put away. AND....they get to pay Miss Caroline for her work! Ha ha ha ha ha!

They will either be paying for a day's work or doing it themselves....either way I don't care. I just want this place to get done!

Karen wants me to go get her makeup.....Liam has been after me to take him to get a new builfold he saw at Hibbets. I don't think either of them will be able to afford these things if they don't get busy!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine is coming tomorrow![:p] $60 and this place is spotless.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife is here five days a week![}:)]
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kidthatsirish
    My wife is here five days a week![}:)]

I am too....but I can't seem to do it all. Soooooo....ta da!

I may start a regular schedule with this lady if she is reasonable. I would much rather work more and have someone do this stuff.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I asked my wife about getting a cleaning lady to come by, like once per month, she gave me the look [:0]
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by okkim
    I asked my wife about getting a cleaning lady to come by, like once per month, she gave me the look [:0]

Your place is EXCELLENT!!! Any cleaning lady that came there would go home crying in shame......this place gets crazy because of the three dogs, two teenagers schedules and my mess everywhere. Larry being a "pile master" doesn't help at all either!!!
  • nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

Your place is EXCELLENT!!! Any cleaning lady that came there would go home crying in shame......this place gets crazy because of the three dogs, two teenagers schedules and my mess everywhere. Larry being a "pile master" doesn't help at all either!!!
    Thanks, I guess she does pretty good job[:)]
  • Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    To have someone else clean our house, the world would be coming to an end.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork

Thanks, I guess she does pretty good job[:)]

You guys have a NICE place! The dogs put a lot on me...but I wouldn't know what I would do without them. They don't go to the bathroom in the house, but keeping the hair and "doggy" smell to acceptable is hard. We are all just too busy right now to keep it 100% done....ever...it seems.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

Mine comes on Fridays. $50 includes a trip to the grocery store.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sav99
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF

Mine comes on Fridays. $50 includes a trip to the grocery store.

I'm hoping that this ends up being such a good visit that I get her to help me every once in a while.....but if I can't tell a big difference this will be a one time thing.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Simple Man

Indeed.

We are far from spotless. But that dog don't hunt.

NOw, grocery shopping,....
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    quote:Originally posted by Simple Man

Indeed.

We are far from spotless. But that dog don't hunt.

NOw, grocery shopping,....

I actually like the idea of having someone come in more and more. I really do hope she does an impressive job and makes me want to keep a regular schedule. Having someone come in and do all the things I don't want to do....I don't know why I didn't do this before now? The kid's rooms is another story...that is his and her "space" so I don't think I will have Caroline tackle that. I don't plan on letting them in on that though....I think letting them panic a bit and cleaning up a bit will be fun.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Seriously, I wouldn't mind having someone come and do the "deep cleaning" stuff once a month or so, baseboards, doorframes, windows, etc. If I could have someone come in once a month, I would.
    edited November -1
    That is EXACTLY what I talked to her about today. I told her I spend so much time working at home that it REALLY bothers me that I can't do the dusting, baseboards, deep cleaning things that need to be done. I can keep the laundry going, pick up the misc stuff that gets laid all over here (that nobody claims) and all of that, but the house is NEVER all the way "done." I just want someone to help me get there so I can keep it up for a while. I'm sure it will get back like it is after a while, but it will be nice if I can say "done" just for a bit.

Working from home makes it worse....I really think. I sit here at my computer looking at everything that needs to get done. By the time I get done with all of my "work" I need a break, but looking around at housework that I should do makes me feel like a break isn't what I should do. No big deal....in the end I'm happy with everything.
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    We have Merry Maids come every two weeks. I still do not understand why my wife insists we "pick up" around the house before they show up.
  • PanzerSlayer2PanzerSlayer2 Member Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have someone come once a week to do kitchen, bath and laundry. I have another who does the dusting, vacuuming and general cleaning every two weeks. It's great. However it seems that the bedrooms never stay clean
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    While I wouldn't mind the help, I can't conscience the expense. The day I pay someone for cleaning or lawn mowing or whatever, I've either broken a leg or won the lottery. [:D]
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    A cleaning lady would run away screaming if they came into this house. Between the dogs and us doing different things this house is decorated like post-Civil War Atlanta....[:D]
  • Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigtire
    We have Merry Maids come every two weeks. I still do not understand why my wife insists we "pick up" around the house before they show up.

It's a woman thing.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by countryfarmer
    A cleaning lady would run away screaming if they came into this house. Between the dogs and us doing different things this house is decorated like post-Civil War Atlanta....[:D]

Thats what I feel like right now. With football and Liam's buddies coming over on a regular basis...and me trying to clear out as many things as I can so I can take on more sales I have just been too busy!!!
  • john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigtire

We have been thinking of getting a merry maids or such to come in every other week as the old dragon is riddled with arthritis and i am not much better. Approx what do they charge for a three floor home with a basement, main floor and upstairs?.It would be dusting and mopping and vacuuming, cleaning the main sliding door windows and nothing backbreaking. I would think they are about 150.00 per cleaning so am i far off or are they more expensive or less. I would like to get a just abouts price before i call them for an estimate so what are your average prices you guys pay to have them clean?.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a kid we had to clean our own house.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife and I still clean. Our Cleaning lady does all the little detail work about once a month.
  • scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So....how did it go? You ladies sit there gabbing all day? Nothing got cleaned but you paid her anyway?

Hopefully Larry comes home to a clean house tonight or he may not let you cook dinner for him.[:D]
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife is a cleanliness freak. Every thing has to be perfect. The dumbest thing I ever heard her say was when we were going away and she was making sure the cushions were just right on the couch ETC. I asked her what she was doing, we will be gone and no one will be visiting and she said, "what if someone breaks in" [?]