In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BEER ALERT!!! BEER ALERT!!!!

allthewayalltheway Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
This is the second 12 pack of MOLSON XXX I've bought now.

I think it's pretty damn GOOD!

Comments

• PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
  • lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    discovered a seasonal by Blue Moon that's pretty dang good. Of course Sam Adams OCTOBERFEST is my favorite SA seasonal. You got me needing a cold one, be back in a minute, going to the man shop fridge for a blue moon.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After a couple you can't tell the difference till the day after[:D][}:)]
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue moon with an orange slice.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by austin20
    Blue moon with an orange slice.

only way........:)
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Molson owns the other half of the American Lawnmower beer I believe.
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Upland Dragonfly IPA (Made here in Indiana) and Founders Dirty Bastage Scottish Ale this weekend. Good stuff.
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    At last count, there were 26 different kinds of beer in the fridge in the kitchen in the game room next to my reloading room. They vary all the way from pure trash to not too bad. There might be a couple less right now since the boys were home recently and they like to sample the stock.

Maybe it's time to crack one open.

Shiner Bock or Black Lager, Two Hearted Ale, or Ellie's Brown I think will be the choice for tonight.

Of course, there's always Keystone Light.

Or not.
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • btkbtk Member Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been looking for something different than my usual, Coors Light. I've been drinkikng Shiner Bohemian Black Lager as of late, I'm liking it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dlrjj
    At last count, there were 26 different kinds of beer in the fridge in the kitchen in the game room next to my reloading room. They vary all the way from pure trash to not too bad. There might be a couple less right now since the boys were home recently and they like to sample the stock.

Shiner Bock or Black Lager, Two Hearted Ale, or Ellie's Brown I think will be the choice for tonight.

Or not.

Bell's is awesome! I bought a 1 gallon mini-keg of the Two Hearted last February. Haven't found any since.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ljwrench

Or not.

Bell's is awesome! I bought a 1 gallon mini-keg of the Two Hearted last February. Haven't found any since.
    It's easy to find in upper Indiana or lower Michigan, but not too well known elsewhere.

Bell's also makes a pretty good Amber Ale and a Porter that's quite a bit better than paint thinner.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Upland Dragonfly IPA (Made here in Indiana) and Founders Dirty Bastage Scottish Ale this weekend. Good stuff.

The nut brown is as well.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by btk
    I've been looking for something different than my usual, Coors Light. I've been drinkikng Shiner Bohemian Black Lager as of late, I'm liking it.

Shiner has a good Bock also, but try some Bluegrass Brewing Company Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout.

That one will surprise you a bit. It's over priced, has a head that almost won't pour out of a glass, but has an interesting flavor taken in limited amounts.

You should be able to find it in your area since it's brewed by the BBC Beer Company of Louisville, KY.

It's a bit hard to find up here, fairly posible around Richmond,IN, and should be available in your area.
    edited November -1

Shiner has a good Bock also, but try some Bluegrass Brewing Company Jefferson Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout.

That one will surprise you a bit. It's over priced, has a head that almost won't pour out of a glass, but has an interesting flavor taken in limited amounts.

You should be able to find it in your area since it's brewed by the BBC Beer Company of Louisville, KY.

It's a bit hard to find up here, fairly posible around Richmond,IN, and should be available in your area.

I'll look for it. I'm not a big fan of Shiner Bock, but I do like the history and story of the brewery.
    edited November -1

I'll look for it. I'm not a big fan of Shiner Bock, but I do like the history and story of the brewery.

Uh oh, I think I replied to the wrong poster. You may not find Bell's in your area at all if you're from NM.
    edited November -1

[/quote]

Went to the BBC tap room two weeks ago and tried some of the Jefferson Reserve Stout. I don't usually like Stouts but the BBC was good. Left Hand Brewing is getting ready to ship their Fade to Black and that's another stout I can drink.
    edited November -1

Went to the BBC tap room two weeks ago and tried some of the Jefferson Reserve Stout. I don't usually like Stouts but the BBC was good. Left Hand Brewing is getting ready to ship their Fade to Black and that's another stout I can drink.
    [/quote]I'd like to get to the tap room and try more of their selections. The stout is good in moderate amounts, but is overpowering in quantity.

I'll look for the Left Hand Stout, thanks.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Oh boy Dan. We've GOT to get together for a drink.

The BBC Bourbon Barrel stout is my favorite brew.

The rest of my top 10.

Browning's She-Devil
    Dogfish Head 60 IPA
    Bell's Two Hearted
    Sierra Nevada IPA
    Arrogant buzzard
    Lafayette Brew Co's Oatmeal Stout
    Rogue Brewery's Chocolate Stout
    Rogue's Dead Guy Ale
    Abita TurboDog
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
    edited November -1

Uh oh, I think I replied to the wrong poster. You may not find Bell's in your area at all if you're from NM.

Well I'll give you my address if it doesn't violate any laws.
  • tallcharlietallcharlie Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to keep a keg of Adams B Lager in the kegarator. Lately, they've been shipping their beer in a "new" format pony keg (1/4 keg). Instead of being the full diameter and half as high, it's the same height, but only about 1/4 the diameter.

So I started buying the ponies because I found that I could put three of these pony kegs in the same cooler that holds only one half keg (regular keg). Had to install another tap head, though, and fabricate a CO2 manifold from a piece of brass bar stock and a couple of valves.

Now I've got a B Lager and a seasonal, with one or the other in reserve, too. What a setup!
  • yellowjacket7375yellowjacket7375 Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To Beer,or not to Beer,that is the question? NOT[}:)][:p][:D]
    edited November -1
    I'm just glad to see there are other "beer" lovers out there that doesn't mean how MUCH you can drink versus "what" you drink. I don't drink a lot but I want a beer with flavor. I just don't care for the most popular bar brands. I don't disrespect those who drink a 30 pack of Miller Lite every weekend but I'd rather have 2 or 3 of a tasty ale.

For those who are seeking new experiences, may I suggest Hobgoblin?? I know it sounds weird but it is a really tasty dark English ale.

I've got a great beer store near my work that carries more varieties of beer than I've ever seen in one store. Categorized by country first and then by state next. must have over 200 brands. neat store. I'm working my way around the world of beer....... and never left home.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    I once worked for the American branch of a German company. There were a couple of German managers but everyone else was American.

First day on the job the receptionist tells me to always feel free to grab a drink from the refrigerator in the main conference room. She said it was her task to keep it stocked with sodas and bottled water. Sort of a minor job benefit for everyone to share. I thought it a very sociable idea.

First time I thought to check there, there wasn't a single soda pop or bottled water to be had.

It was stuffed to the gills with imported beer!

German, Dutch, English, Irish ...

All the time I worked there I never saw anything but beer stocked inside. Yup, real sociable that crowd was :)