In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

THINK I AM IN TROUBLE..

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
7:40 and no kids yet....what the heck is going on? Even have my white, green blinking eyed skeleton out and no kids...weird..

But whats worse? I bought candy that classic and I dont like this year....ohhhhhhh fudge...

Guess its going to be donated to the shelters..

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We did not get anything last night and its 4:46 here now, so we shall wait and see if its a total bust.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've never had any kids come to the house, but we live in the country, so.........

However, just in case, we always buy a couple of large bags of our favorite candy, just in case! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with you Old Colts. I haven't ever had kids come here....but there is a bowl "just in case" full of my favorite stuff!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Simple ManSimple Man Member Posts: 3,252
    edited November -1
    The separate cities in the county decided which day to hold it on. Dresden was yesterday. We went over to my daughter's house since we live in the country. Had about 50 trick or treaters.
  • cahascahas Member Posts: 4,064
    edited November -1
    Different from when I was a kid, we did not go out till it got dark and stayed out knocking on doors till near 11 o'clock, and people would be expecting you that late. We would fill a large bag up and get another to fill.
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    Zero here...always buy what we like...
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    None here yet either, guess I get all the tootsie rolls and kitkats. We usually only get 3 or 4 a year anyways, so we try to have the good stuff.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    I always passed out broccoli and cauliflower but, for some reason, kids don't come around anymore. [:D]
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Granddaughter (anarchist in training) had 3 friends over for pizza and movie. Pleasantly surprized- nice, well mannered 14 yr olds.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    never have any...no kids walk this far[;)][:D]
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not like it used to be. Used to be fun. For parents and kids. These days, the kids are fewer. Even in established areas. They go to the malls now for safety. My son and I used to give out candy when I had the night off. I am workinig to night and the kid doesn't want to do the candy thing.

Best time we had was a couple of years ago. Jess hid in out recycle bin next to the truck. I would hit the remote for his Moms car when the right age kids would walk up. He would jump out and scare the poo out of them. And sometimes the parents too. It was great. We did it last year too. But some of them remembered. *L* It was still fun.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Trunk or Treat seems to be the in thing for now.
  • striperbwarestriperbware Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This year had what has been average for the 12 years I have lived here. Did not count them but I'll say 35 kids tonight. Funny thing was 1998 after living in this house for 1 month, I got swamped by what musta been 150 kids. My joke then was that the guy that lived here before musta been handing out $ 50 bills every Halloween [B)][:0]
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    we didn't turn the light on this year,so we didn't have any kids. The cars were lined up down around the corner with people bringing their kids in from who know where.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I love getting kids...I love the costumes, especially on the young ones...and I dont even mind the older kids.....

I was never allowed to celebrate halloween as a kid so I enjoy it now...but if I dont get kids...well..

then again I have the best kid at home...and he gives me so much pleasure, and so much joy...oh yea baby.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just shut off the lights and blew out the punkin...It was cold here so we only had about 150 kids.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    we had 52, a new record.

The little ones are cute, saw some good costumes.

We had some older teens, but they were dressed up and very polite, so I don't mind if they are out getting the goods, they made an effort.
  • roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too many SHTFer iving in the woods!!!
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two years ago - we had 1 kid.

Last year - 8.

This year - 16.

Were camping at Meramac State Park, MO over the weekend. Had 50+ Trick or Treaters at the campground last night (saturday).
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife is a 1st grade teacher so we get all of her students and siblings. She really enjoys the students from 15-20 years ago that now come with their own little ones. [:)]
  • Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    6:20 here, just had a group of 5-6 litle tikes and parents with their cameras rolling.
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I love Halloween, one of my favorite holidays, but we live on a street with no sidewalks and a two-story trek up to the house.

Mike and I eat a lot of Halloween candy...
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I don't understand the "day early" Trick or treat thing.I know Sun. is a "School night" but still,by 2100 T O T is over.
    Going back in time, to when i was a kid,I lived in the sticks and loved trick or treating out there.U had to have a bicyicle to do it but, the farmers and rural folks always had the BEST candy,mostly home made in the late 60's and early 70's.
    I can remember getting candied and caramel apples,home made gingersnap cookies and quarters.All the folks in town gave out regular store bought candies,which was cool but, making the rounds out by home was always the best.
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN Y'ALL!!! Don't let the ZOMBIES and GHOULS get'ya!!!![}:)]
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    I am to far back off the road to get any. Well except for grand kids.
  • searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Lots of little ones tonight. We turn on all the lights, and try to look inviting.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Had between 88 and 100 I counted 88 but missed some. warm nice night . I live in an outlying sub division with 2-3 acre lots off any main roads. All the rural kids come here so they can walk and be safe about 120 houses .
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    We had about fifty of them. It sure is fun to fill up a three year olds bag.
  • 41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    Very few here this year. Neighbor kids and only about a dozen others. Didn't seem to be as many kids out this year as usual.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not near as many as in past years. We use to have 60 -70 kids this year maybe twenty. I think our neighborhood is just getting older and hasn't really turned over yet.
  • drygulchstandrygulchstan Member Posts: 321 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No kids here in 10 years except grandkids they didnt make it this year.
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    Past 2 years I have had 1 wave of kids, one year it was 2 kids the next it was 4 kids, they always get a handfull of candy each. As a kid I always hated the stingy candy dispensers who would give everyone 1 piece of candy. You come here its worth it, you get at least a handfull of candy. This year there were no kids. Don't know what the deal is.
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cahas
    Different from when I was a kid, we did not go out till it got dark and stayed out knocking on doors till near 11 o'clock, and people would be expecting you that late. We would fill a large bag up and get another to fill.

+1
  • john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    I feel sorry for the kids these days and their holloween trick or treating. I remember back 50 yrs ago when the neighbor lady would invite you in the kitchen and make candy apples rolled in nuts right in front of your eyes. all the neighbors were great and it was real fun to canvas the neighborhood. We would fill 3 bags and would walk miles without worrying about tainted candy or being buttjacked by some pervert. Damn i miss the old days and times have changed and they are getting worse.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, as is the norm out here in the country, no kids showed up. So, my wife and I have all of those Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey's Bars, Almond Joy's, KitKat's, and other favorites all for ourselves! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• anatomically correctanatomically correct Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys are a bunch of pikers. Last year, we had 326 kids. This year, we topped 400. Live on a two block boulevard. The city pretty much blocks off both ends, and patrols heavily. It works out great, because it creates a safe place for kids of all ages to come. Lookin' for 450 next years.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No city slickers came out this way. Of course no one can see any lights on the house from the road. Come on down that long dark drive.... Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    We're on a busier street in the neighborhood with only 4 houses on our section. The first couple years, we would get 3 to 4 groups of trick-or-treaters MAX (it was usually just the teenagers that would just throw on a cheap mask). Now we just keep the lights off so we don't have to deal it.

However, this was our first year with our motion detectors out front. Good thing I had some spare candy to give them. We turned the light off for the rest of the night.
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    We had 20--30 kids, then the Grandkids raided the candy bowl and had a sugar buzz bouncing off the walls[:D]
  • scssrscssr Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had quite a few this year. Our Small maltese tried to scare them off but once they saw her they laughed. I am surprised by how many little bit older kids just tried to grab their own from the bowl when I was handing it out. You kind of can forgive the little ones but as they get older you expect some manners.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got tired of the 15 and 16 year olds and turned the light off a couple of years ago. Watched Winter's Bone and ate no candy.