In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Cabela's Catalog (hardbound book)

austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Anybody else get theirs today? This thing is the nicest catalog I have ever received. The thing is like a textbook.

Comments

• reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    better start reading....those things just cost ya money[:)]
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I want that and that and that.......[:D]
  • Delta Elite 10MMDelta Elite 10MM Member Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I always feel special when I get mine, all the my other friends just get the soft cover ones, then again I spent so much money with them last year they invited me to there x-mas party.....no joke.
  • AzhunterAzhunter Member Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We used to get them, but when the store opened only 9 mi. away they stopped sending them to us.[8)]
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Delta Elite 10MM

235 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 : 8:39:43 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote
    I always feel special when I get mine, all the my other friends just get the soft cover ones, then again I spent so much money with them last year they invited me to there x-mas party.....no joke.
    Go to Top of Page

Oh no not another SelectFire moment.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    50th anniverary Edition[:)] I got one on Saturday.
  • realspeedrealspeed Member Posts: 6,335
    edited November -1
  • brotus2brotus2 Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have to agree with reloader.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a couple of those........... then I started shopping on GB and they quit sending them
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Delta Elite 10MM
    Honestly, I didn't think I spent all that much with them this past year.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    First one I got was the same year that i had a return.
    I think they put you on the list if you made the "we gave this guy a bad customer experience" list.

Although I heard rumor of the leather bound catalog...
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine came with a nice 50th anniversery decal.[8D]
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been getting the hard covers for a numbers of years now.

Only difference between the first and the last one is the price on the products and a few new items being offered each year. Other than that they are all about 99% of the last catalog with a new cover.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe if they stopped printing that expensive catalogue and shipping them to 10 million people, they could cut their prices and be more competitive![;)]
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    Maybe if they stopped printing that expensive catalogue and shipping them to 10 million people, they could cut their prices and be more competitive![;)]

Amen, I put mine straight into the recycle bin, never took it out of the wrap. I do it all on-line.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161

It's called doing business.

If you have a company that makes a million dollars profit each year and you spend just 4% or less of that on advertising (which is what most companies spend on advertising). You are doing great. Bet that you would be willing and gladly pay $40,000 to advertise if you were able to make a million dollars for each $40,000 you spent each year for advertising.
  • GRIZZLY17GRIZZLY17 Member Posts: 1,676
    edited November -1
    If anyone doesn't want theres I'll take it. Cabelas just told me it would cost me 10 bucks...[:(]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I quit reading/looking at them,when they took all the real guns out...[V]
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    quote:
    Oh no not another SelectFire moment.

Perhaps your a big "VanJones" fan, and wish to be among the masses who "write their names upon a paper and toss it in a hat knowing the name they draw out is an equal life to their own"?

Sorry, I prefer competition, and cannot help but chuckle at all the grief guys throw towards Select-Fire over here on GB, in an effort to somehow "punish" him for being successful.

Perhaps Obama is the perfect fit for some of you, but, for free thinking, entrepreneurial folks, we prefer individualism.... alas, don't let me distract you, row well and live my friend, your life for this boat.....

NS
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LesWVa
    Been getting the hard covers for a numbers of years now.

Only difference between the first and the last one is the price on the products and a few new items being offered each year. Other than that they are all about 99% of the last catalog with a new cover.

You keep them?

Uuuuh, does your library have a path?

jk
    (i know that slick paper don''t work too well [B)])

[:)]

Allen
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GRIZZLY17
    If anyone doesn't want theres I'll take it. Cabelas just told me it would cost me 10 bucks...[:(]

Email me your address and I will mail you mine. (There is not a Gun Library or Bargain Cave Section in the Catalog).
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • OLAKOLAK Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got mine on Friday, too many things that I want.
    On Sunday I took my grandson for a ride to the East Hartford store, had planned to go Saturday but he couldn't go.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GRIZZLY17

I would have sent mine to you, but it went right into recycle!
  • GRIZZLY17GRIZZLY17 Member Posts: 1,676
    edited November -1
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Azhunter
    We used to get them, but when the store opened only 9 mi. away they stopped sending them to us.[8)]
    that happened to me too. Probably would have been in the store more if they'd kept sending the catalog for me to drool over.[:D]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    Used to shop there at one time, they priced themselves out of business with me. I tried to stop them from sending the huge book with no avail.
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've shopped at Cabela's for years, use the credit card as well, to rack up points. Pretty much all my fishing gear comes from them, never had a problem really curteous and quick shipping.