In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Three Percenter, What Does it Mean...

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
[:)][:D][:D][:)]

C&P from the Sipsey Street Irregulars site.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/

The Doctrine of the Three Percent.

The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it.

And we will.

There will be no more free Wacos and no more free Katrinas.

For we are the Three Percent.

We will not disarm.

You cannot convince us.

You cannot intimidate us.

You can try to kill us, if you think you can.

But remember, we'll shoot back .

We are not going away.

We are not backing up another inch.

And there are THREE MILLION OF US.

Your move, Mr. Wannabe Tyrant.

Your move.

What is a "Three Percenter"?

During the American Revolution, the active forces in the field against the King's tyranny never amounted to more than 3% of the colonists. They were in turn actively supported by perhaps 10% of the population. In addition to these revolutionaries were perhaps another 20% who favored their cause but did little or nothing to support it. Another one-third of the population sided with the King (by the end of the war there were actually more Americans fighting FOR the King than there were in the field against him) and the final third took no side, blew with the wind and took what came.

Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people. History, for good or ill, is made by determined minorities. We are one such minority. So too are the current enemies of the Founders' Republic. What remains, then, is the test of will and skill to determine who shall shape the future of our nation.

The Three Percent today are gun owners who will not disarm, will not compromise and will no longer back up at the passage of the next gun control act. Three Percenters say quite explicitly that we will not obey any futher circumscription of our traditional liberties and will defend ourselves if attacked. We intend to maintain our God-given natural rights to liberty and property, and that means most especially the right to keep and bear arms. Thus, we are committed to the restoration of the Founders' Republic, and are willing to fight, die and, if forced by any would-be oppressor, to kill in the defense of ourselves and the Constitution that we all took an oath to uphold against enemies foreign and domestic.

We are the people that the collectivists who now control the government should leave alone if they wish to continue unfettered oxygen consumption. We are the Three Percent. Attempt to further oppress us at your peril. To put it bluntly, leave us the hell alone. Or, if you feel froggy, go ahead AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

Comments

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well now, the secret is out.
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Three percent of 300 million Americans is 9 Million - check your math.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad

Read again.

"Three Percenters today do not claim that we represent 3% of the American people, although we might. That theory has not yet been tested. We DO claim that we represent at least 3% of American gun owners, which is still a healthy number somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 million people."
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Didn't read it, huh?
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Mmmmm, good post.[:)]
    edited November -1
    Some things are worth dying for...and this here is one of them.
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

Consider me the pessimist.....there are plenty more free Wacos to come.
  • zinkzink Member Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here, Here![:D]
  • brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gettin'.... Prepared.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

Consider me the pessimist.....there are plenty more free Wacos to come.
    I didn't write it, I merely posted it, Rack.[:)]
  • 45long45long Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tend to think your right about that Rack. There are freebes to come that no one ever thought would be a freebe. Hell. Look at 9/11. The Ultimate Freebe. But on the local level, yeah. There groups minting their own money, living off the grid. And they are being watched closely. And when the feds feel that they have not paid their fair share to the king,(taxs), then they go in and take it. And people will say they were a bunch of gun nuts and they got what they deserved. No one is going to mount a revolt over them.
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LT, good to hear from you again. Funny how the things that we find so simple and clear, others still have a problem trying to fathom the words.

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE THEM DEATH.

Molon Labe.

Semepr Fidelis.

He that fails to fully grasp the meaning of Freedom will never truly taste Freedom.

Keep on...
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    I'll have to re-read The Three Percent Solution, by Arthur Conan Doyle.

What a visionary, that man must have been.

(oops! Wrong metaphor)
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    LT,

You know I love you brother, but where does one find this "3%" in today's society? Are they the same inactive bunch which has opted out of everything which has lead to the sorry state of our government today?

Where have they been?

NS
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    LT....[;)][:D]
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Night Stalker
    LT,

You know I love you brother, but where does one find this "3%" in today's society? Are they the same inactive bunch which has opted out of everything which has lead to the sorry state of our government today?

Where have they been?

The 3% is in amoungst the dense forest of the other 97%.

We are difficult to see for all the trees.

Most are smart enough to keep quiet until the time is right to step out from cover.

The ones that are more readily visible have, for the most part, chosen to step forward in an attempt to embraisen others.

(IMNSHO)

Russell Alan Tutor
    born 12-24-58
    in Brian, Texas
    cell phone # 830 385 6466

The battle is a Spiritual battle.

I ain't skeered!
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Math is irrelevant concerning 3%er. Even if the number is really double the historical 3%, or half the historical number, the fact remains that the 3% is watching and alert.
  • USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    I'll have to re-read The Three Percent Solution, by Arthur Conan Doyle.

What a visionary, that man must have been.

(oops! Wrong metaphor)

don't you really mean 7% ??

quote:An introduction states that two canonical Holmes adventures were fabrications. These are The Final Problem, in which Holmes apparently died along with Prof. James Moriarty, and The Empty House, wherein Holmes reappeared after a three-year absence and revealed that he had not been killed after all. The Seven-Per-Cent Solution's Watson explains that they were published to conceal the truth concerning Holmes' "Great Hiatus".
    edited November -1
    LT,

Where have they been?

NS
    NS,

Like I told Rack Ops in an earlier post, I didn't author it, I merely posted it. I believe the underlying theme/message is sound.

I have always assessed (Swag'ed) that there are likely around 3% of gun owners and constitutionalists who would step-up and go active in the event a 'tipping point' were ever reached in this nation.

I still believe that.

I expect that we all know there is no chance or practicality, at this point, in banding together to re-institute the Constitution/Republic and hold government to it.

The '3%', some of them/us at least, are at this time attempting to wake up an apathetic people to what is going to be inevitable if no drastic peaceful change of course is taken. They/we are trying to put focus on and shine light on collectivist-government actions and the inevitable result of those actions, left unchecked.

There are still options left, you know the whole box thingy...soap-box...ballot-box...cartridge-box.

There are still legitimate attempts being made with the initial two boxes.

Again, swagging it ([:)]), I would expect that as those two methods are proven to be futile ( and I believe that they will be), and as government inevitably becomes even more totalitarian, some 'tipping point' will be reached where even those with dim-vision and slack, drooling jaws will see that there is no other option but the cartridge-box.

I expect that tipping point will be Amendment II related.

Frankly, this government cannot and will not stand by forever and allow such a swarm of well-armed and increasingly irritated citizenry to exist as is. Government will see that their smoke & mirrors bullcrap doesn't work any longer on this awake and armed citizenry, and government certainly will not change course voluntarily; therefore government will reach it own 'tipping point' where draconian action on banning, confiscating or otherwise effectively disarming the citizenry is necessary for government's continued safe existence.

A convergence of 'tipping points' will be required. At that crossroads, the crap will likely hit the fan, big-time.

Of course, an economic collapse may well occur first, precipitating a whole host of bad-mojo and potentially causing either the armed citizenry or the burgeoning totalitarian government to act prematurely.

Interesting times, Brother NS, interesting times.

Have you checked out Oath Keepers? An important bastion to some of that probably government bad-mojo to come, I think....tip of the gov't spear and all that stuff.[:)]
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    LT,

I certainly follow your line of logic.... thanks for the post.

I'll check out the oathkeepers link.

The 2nd Amendment issue might appear sooner than many expect. Bloomberg and the president are preparing to drop something on us.... in true political fashion, they'll try to make connections to gun control and the Arizona shooting, instead of addressing the sorry * state of mental health care which is at the root of the matter.

I'll see you in the woodline. [;)]

NS
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    You can piss on some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. But you can't piss on all the people all of the time.
    edited November -1
    LT,

The 2nd Amendment issue might appear sooner than many expect. Bloomberg and the president are preparing to drop something on us.... in true political fashion, they'll try to make connections to gun control and the Arizona shooting, instead of addressing the sorry * state of mental health care which is at the root of the matter.

NS
    [;)][:)]
  • bhale187bhale187 Member Posts: 7,798
    edited November -1
    LT,

NS

You are certainly welcome aboard if you decide to join the Oathkeepers, the more the merrier as they say.

You will find a great group of men and women on Oathkeepers who, as the name suggests, truly beleive in the oath we took to uphold the constitution of our great nation.
  • Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    quote:lt496
    Frankly, this government cannot and will not stand by forever and allow such a swarm of well-armed and increasingly irritated citizenry to exist as is. Government will see that their smoke & mirrors bullcrap doesn't work any longer on this awake and armed citizenry, and government certainly will not change course voluntarily; therefore government will reach it own 'tipping point' where draconian action on banning, confiscating or otherwise effectively disarming the citizenry is necessary for government's continued safe existence.Very profound paragraph. IMO it goes to the heart of what could very well happen in the future. Ruby Ridge and Waco on a much much smaller scale are an example of the Government reaching the tipping point. Had the Government not been blasted by the public as they had been over these two events they would have, I'm sure, committed more of the same in various locations within the US.

Now the Government will hold back until such time, as stated, hit the tipping point when they can no longer risk or allow the chance of the same thing to happen here as now happening in Egypt (as an example) only a high percentage of the participants here will be armed and dangerous to the Governments cause. This would strike terror into the heart of a professional politician and NWO person and strong measures would have to be taken

We now hear/read rumblings of more gun control legislation since Arizona, possibly part of the motive for doing so is kind of a preventive maintenance, covered with BS by the Government , to prevent an Egyptian type thing or something similar spreading and developing here or other parts of the world already unarmed
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LT,

NS

I CANNOT believe you posted that, Stallone.

Or maybe I can.

Clouder..
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lt, Good article.

Waiting and watching from the tall grass.

CCCoop-hang out more often. How did the book turn out?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    LT,

NS
    Coming from a man in your position, this post has a nice ring to it, thanks NS!
  • DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We pay cash when we buy new cars. No loans for us. Only debt we have is the mortgage and I am on a 5 year plan to kill it.

Last time we car shopped I asked the salesman how many buyers pay cash for a new car. He said 3%. I checked into how many homeowners pay off their mortgages significantly early. Again, 3%.

That seems to be the magic number.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    When the ban happens I am running away no ones gonna fight and I got no taste of bloody dictatorships and soft tyrannies. I got no intrest in being a subject or an enforcer. I'll leave that to the people that like it to.

Hant no body gonna see me in the woodlines, a billy goat with the eyes of a hawk and thermal technology wont find me, I will be trucking it along the worst possible terrian, in as eratic way as possible..

If the idiots are gonna force me to fight for them, they can rot. I only fight for me. there is absolutely no reason for blood shed, this country was designed to be the bain of tyrants. If people are so brainless as to want to be ran by physcos, I say let them have it.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lt, the tipping-point sounds as far off as the end of the world to the majority of Americans, and no doubt even farther off to the 3-percent. [:D]

Continuing on in a serious manner, I'm not so sure another Waco would cause the 3-percent to act, and if they did act, in what manner do you see them taking it to their enemy?
    [:D]
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Doc
    We pay cash when we buy new cars. No loans for us. Only debt we have is the mortgage and I am on a 5 year plan to kill it.

Last time we car shopped I asked the salesman how many buyers pay cash for a new car. He said 3%. I checked into how many homeowners pay off their mortgages significantly early. Again, 3%.

That seems to be the magic number.
    The number 3, 'three', is certainly a magic number...
    A lot of things in this ol'world can be defined with the number... "3"

And... Quite possibly, the number '3' will also be the greatest number ever known...

...soon enough.

I... am but ONE of the 3%. There are more of us than you would think...

Get Prepared...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi
    Lt, the tipping-point sounds as far off as the end of the world to the majority of Americans, and no doubt even farther off to the 3-percent. [:D]

Continuing on in a serious manner, I'm not so sure another Waco would cause the 3-percent to act, and if they did act, in what manner do you see them taking it to their enemy?

Might I suggest something based on past performance?

They'll bellyache, whine, boycott, fault, carp, lament, groan, complain, expostulate, impute, insinuate, nag, gripe, protest, fret, fume, squawk, yap, taunt, wail,grouse, grumble, holler, yell, yelp and then do it all over, not necessarily in the same order.

Clouder..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whiteclouder

They'll bellyache, whine, boycott, fault, carp, lament, groan, complain, expostulate, impute, insinuate, nag, gripe, protest, fret, fume, squawk, yap, taunt, wail,grouse, grumble, holler, yell, yelp and then do it all over, not necessarily in the same order.

Clouder..

Not something you would necessarily do, now is it... Clouder? [;)]
  • GoatroperGoatroper Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LT,

NS

Well said. And if you follow the links in this article, you'll see that apparently gov agencies are hard at work manufacturing statistics as "proof" that more "reasonable gun laws" are necessary. Only they've been found out -- just won't be reported by the MSM.

"Our friend David Codrea blogs at War on Guns ( http://waronguns.blogspot.com/ ) an the Examiner. David has broken a story wide open that should be looked at very closely. He's titled this issue "Project Gunwalker." ( http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/david-codrea ) Let me break it down for you in a nutshell. The BATFE has been tracking illegal gun sales and gun trafficing into Mexico, including illegal gunsales that the BATFE ordered Gun Dealers to allow happen. Let me say that again. The BATFE ordered gun dealers to sell guns illegally. Thousands of guns. Those guns were tracked into Mexico. Some of those guns were found at scenes of crimes, including the murders of US Border Patrol Agents. They ordered the Gun Dealers to make the illegal sales, so they could be tracked. And then the Main Stream Media makes US Gun Dealers look like the bad guys here. As if these crimes wouldn't have happened if Gun Dealers would have been more honest. This is a farce. This is a breach of trust by the BATFE, and it needs to become public knowledge. Some media outlets are starting to pick up on this. David is going to be coming on Armed American Radio ( http://armedamericanradio.org/ ) to talk about Project Gunwalker. this is staggering."

edited November -1

I think that I summed up my thoughts on it in my reply to Night Stalker, kimi.[:)]

Personally, I don't see a 'waco' or 'ruby ridge' as being the tipping point necessary to cause broad response. I think it will take something as I postulate in that response to NS.
    edited November -1

Clouder..

Actually, clouder, the topic of this thread is far outside any possible participation by the likes of you.

You fit the bill of a Torry, or of a predatory government-supporting apologist, much better, IMO.[:)]

But hey, that's just me talkin...
    edited November -1

Clouder..

Actually, clouder, the topic of this thread is far outside any possible participation by the likes of you.

You fit the bill of a Torry, or of a predatory government-supporting apologist, much better, IMO.[:)]

Heh-heh. You are soooo freakin' easy. [:D][:D]

Clouder..
    edited November -1
    You think you have some clever thing going on, clouder, when in realty, you are merely kinda pathetic, in a self-styled 'literary genious' sorta way.

IMO, of course.[;)][:)]
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1

Clouder..

Fact!

Clouder should have used the useername "kitty cat" or "ol' yeller".[}:)]