In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SIG 229 SCT Mags - Special Grips Required?

sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
Guys/Gals - I own a Sig 229 - 40 and want to buy a couple of the SCT mags for this pistol because they hold 14 rds instead of 12 rds. Do I have to change out the factory grips that are on my SIG or will the SCT magazines work fine with my factory grips?....Thanks Mark

Comments

• Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    I can't imagine that you would have to change the grip pannels.

Not familiar with the SCT magazines, but wouldn't they just be a little bit longer?. A little extention instead of that flat base that the factory mags have?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That is what I was thinking but I have seen kits for sale on GB that have several SCT mags and a set of grips like the one below....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=213767175

Only difference is I am wanting to buy the SCT's for my 229 not 226.
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Well that is a darn good question.

I spent about 20 minutes on the Sig site. Ok, I shopped a little too.

Can't tell. Doesn't look like there is a whole lot of difference. Maybe the new grip pannels have a little cut out or something?

They aren't selling the SCT mags on their site currently that I could see. But they were selling the pistols branded as SCT.
  • Options
    storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    yes they fit but will donkey dick unless you have the "grips" that cover it up or an aftermarket mag well.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the replies. Would like to have the extra two rounds but understand how it would look hanging down (picturing what storm said-[:0]). Think I will just stay with factory 12 rounders. If 12 will not do it then I will slap another mag in and try again.....Thanks again....Mark