In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone seen the story?Police beat the crap,

fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
out of a kid in my town.Looks like he'll be a multi-millionare,real soon!
His father is one of the most famous attorney/lawyers in S Florida..
The kid ran from Jupiter PD because they stopped him walking at night and "thought they saw a syringe" in the waste band of his pants.
Footage don't look good for JPD at all..
They REALLY wore this kid OUT!!!

Comments

• capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
    edited November -1
    The suspect should not have run. The police have a right to use force to protect themselves from suspected criminals who refuse to cooperate. He is lucky the police used restraint, they may thought that syringe was a gun and shot him to defend themselves. Hopefully in the future this person will properly cooperate with the police.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by capgun
    The suspect should not have run. The police have a right to use force to protect themselves from suspected criminals who refuse to cooperate. He is lucky the police used restraint, they may thought that syringe was a gun and shot him to defend themselves. Hopefully in the future this person will properly cooperate with the police.

I assume this should be in green.
  • partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    Here we go again!!! All the GB cops are going to post how the cops were in the right (aren't they always), and the kid deserved to be shot! Cops have become so candy a**ed that they can't take a criminal down without using the MOST force available to them! Hope the kids Dad takes the LEO's to the cleaners!!![:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by partisan
    Here we go again!!! All the GB cops are going to post how the cops were in the right (aren't they always), and the kid deserved to be shot! Cops have become so candy a**ed that they can't take a criminal down without using the MOST force available to them! Hope the kids Dad takes the LEO's to the cleaners!!![:(!][:(!][:(!]

I have seen the dash-cam footage.Kid was down with 3 officers restraining him before the beating began.He may have even been cuffed already,I saw no swinging from the kid,just the officer.The footage was at night and a bit hard to see clearly on TV.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Running away would not really be considered threatening, unless they feared the exercise might cause them harm. Maybe they wanted to waddle home at the end of their shift.
  • woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    lets all be glad he didn't have his dog along
    edited November -1
    The officer in question is notorious in Jupiter.This isn't the first or the 10th person he's beaten.
    This IS the first one caught on a dash-cam though...
    Video looks real bad for the officer in question.
    It had to come to light,sooner or later.
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    The officer in question is notorious in Jupiter.This isn't the first or the 10th person he's beaten.

In that case, a sadistic JBT has been found out,

and hopefully will soon reap what he sowed.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcitybill
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

In that case, a sadistic JBT has been found out,

and hopefully will soon reap what he sowed.

He is sitting in Palm Beach County Jail right now,I do not think bond has been set yet.If it was,I'm sure he'd be out on bond.
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Seems this is the Norm there.

quote:WEST PALM BEACH -
    For the second time in two months, West Palm Beach is poised to pay tens of thousands of dollars to settle a claim of wrongdoing by a police officer.

On Monday the city commission is scheduled to authorize $140,000 to settle a claim by Palm Beach Gardens resident Keenoen Stafenie, who says a West Palm Beach officer and a Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputy beat him last year after entering his girlfriend's property without probable cause. The item is included in the meeting's consent agenda, a grouping of items expected to be approved together without discussion.
    edited November -1
    Try www.wptv.com

That's the channel 25 news station I just saw it on again tonight.It happened last night.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/national/cody-ross-blankenship-mother-accuses-jupiter-police-of-excessive-force-during-sons-arrest

I swear I saw them show the officer in jail blues on this last update this evening..
  • capguncapgun Member Posts: 1,848
    edited November -1
    "Blankenship has a history of arrests, run-ins with law enforcement and substance abuse problems" He is charged with fighting the officers. The officers probably used the force necessary to control the suspect and effect the arrest. "Blankenship has been charged with trespassing, battery on an officer, firefighter or EMT, resisting or obstructing an officer without violence and resisting an officer with violence" If he is found guilty he will have time in jail to reflect on his wrongdoing. Perhaps this experience will help him become a law abiding, productive member of the community.
    edited November -1
    It will prob. never happen but,If U ever see the dash-cam footage,U will understand more clearly...
    From what I saw,the kid was guilty of assaulting the officers fist and asp with his face and head ![B)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    Running away would not really be considered threatening, unless they feared the exercise might cause them harm. Maybe they wanted to waddle home at the end of their shift.

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by capgun
    "Blankenship has a history of arrests, run-ins with law enforcement and substance abuse problems" He is charged with fighting the officers. The officers probably used the force necessary to control the suspect and effect the arrest. "Blankenship has been charged with trespassing, battery on an officer, firefighter or EMT, resisting or obstructing an officer without violence and resisting an officer with violence" If he is found guilty he will have time in jail to reflect on his wrongdoing. Perhaps this experience will help him become a law abiding, productive member of the community.

As I posted earlier; BLAH,BLAH,BLAH,BLAH!!!! Cops are not your friend!!
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I am your friend, like it or not, so your statement is untrue.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems in some counties you'd be right to fear the police and try to run [:D]
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    the law will charge you with as many offences as they can think of, hoping some will stick or plea bargined away while getting you to plead guilty to a few few. the police arrested a women i know for having drug devices, charged her with 30 counts,one for each of the dream weaver,s with what they called rouch clips at a flea market. the rumore was the DA laughed at the charges and dismissed them. according to garp.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It would be nice if I could see the video, so I could give my opinion based on actual facts....just sayin'. [;)]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    obviously he did not

81499-cartman-respect-my-authoritah-uFwf.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I am your friend, like it or not, so your statement is untrue.

I know you are, as I am your friend also. You are one of the good cops. I might have remained a Deputy if more LEO's were like you![8D]