In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Top Hospitals Opt Out of Obamacare

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
The Obama Administration has been claiming that insurance companies will be competing for your dollars under the Affordable Care Act, but apparently they haven't surveyed the nation's top hospitals.

Surprise! NOT...
http://health.usnews.com/health-news/hospital-of-tomorrow/articles/2013/10/30/top-hospitals-opt-out-of-obamacare

Comments

• JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aetna must have had someone on the inside of this fiasco.

Every Oct my wifes has to enroll in insurance, in which we select the options we need or want and so on.

This year, we were not given the workbook to select new features. It looks like they skipped sending them out so no one would lose their grandfather clause. So nothing changes for us other than paying the fine.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    Aetna must have had someone on the inside of this fiasco.

Every Oct my wifes has to enroll in insurance, in which we select the options we need or want and so on.

This year, we were not given the workbook to select new features. It looks like they skipped sending them out so no one would lose their grandfather clause. So nothing changes for us other than paying the fine.

Don't think you will have to pay a fine. If your insurance policy falls in the "mandated guide lines, your good to go.

I can't speak of the entire state of CA., but here it seems to be regional of what you can keep and what you can't.
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jn
    its not that Aetna is not letting you pick or choose features for your policy...it is that the policy guidelines are now set by the ACA law.

Our company has open enrollment right now through 8 Nov for 2014. Last year the guys could tailor the plan to suit their needs. Not so this year...the plans/levels are not adjustable.

One of the programmers is 54 and is married and his two kids are grown. He can now longer tailor the coverage to fit his and his wifes life situation. He MUST have maternity coverage and pediatric coverage despite the fact that they will not have kids in the future and their kids are not pediatric patient age or under age 26 to stay on their plan. His monthly cost will go up approximately $130 a month with the same deductible for the year.

Watch out for the next round of "whats best for America".

Pelosi has said she would like to do Affordable Childcare Act if she becomes Speaker in 2014.

Mandated Dental Insurance could well be on the radar too.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by medic07
    Jn
    its not that Aetna is not letting you pick or choose features for your policy...it is that the policy guidelines are now set by the ACA law.

Our company has open enrollment right now through 8 Nov for 2014. Last year the guys could tailor the plan to suit their needs. Not so this year...the plans/levels are not adjustable.

One of the programmers is 54 and is married and his two kids are grown. He can now longer tailor the coverage to fit his and his wifes life situation. He MUST have maternity coverage and pediatric coverage despite the fact that they will not have kids in the future and their kids are not pediatric patient age or under age 26 to stay on their plan. His monthly cost will go up approximately $130 a month with the same deductible for the year.

Watch out for the next round of "whats best for America".

Pelosi has said she would like to do Affordable Childcare Act if she becomes Speaker in 2014.

Mandated Dental Insurance could well be on the radar too.

That's how I am understanding it. But then GAWD knows what illegal executive order tweaks will happen next. IE(mandatory sex change coverage or maternity coverage for 75+ or older.)
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not suprised.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    I could not care any less.