In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

$2500.00 for a pump shotgun! WOW!

burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
someone tell me what this 870 will do that my 870s or mossbergs wont? I literally have thousands of rds through my pumps with not a single malfunction at all. I just don't see the value? I mean, you could buy a top of the line benelli m4 plus have a ton of money left over.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=371529672

Comments

• armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Easy it is a Night Hawk and it is custom. [;)][:0][:0]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:someone tell me what this 870 will do that my 870s or mossbergs wont?Not a dang thing. Bunch of "tacticool" crap waiting for some sucker to bite.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Naw, its custom TACTICAL![;)]

I'd much rather have a Benelli M4, as stated. You could buy a buttload of slugs and buckshot and still have money left over.
  • kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    well there are no credit card fees[:D] plus it has a lot of useless junk on there so you could impress Steven Segal if he drops by
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be sporting a Benelli M4 and a new Sig for that kind of jack.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by burpfire
    someone tell me what this 870 will do that my 870s or mossbergs wont? I literally have thousands of rds through my pumps with not a single malfunction at all. I just don't see the value? I mean, you could buy a top of the line benelli m4 plus have a ton of money left over.

Plus,you get what might just be the ugliest shotgun EVER MADE...
    That's gotta be worth something,,,right?[xx(]
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

Plus,you get what might just be the ugliest shotgun EVER MADE...
    That's gotta be worth something,,,right?[xx(]

It's ATAS!
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That thing is tacti-can't
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Buying a name mostly.

I bet if it was a shiny 1911 Kimber most of the nay sayers would be willing, when a Rock Island would do just as good

[:I]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    does nothing for me,,don't care for the looks of it at all,,[xx(][xx(][xx(]
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Its cool. But factor that a typical defense shot gun can go for less than 500 bucks. And he probably has maybe 500 into it. I would pay no more than 500 for any pump shot gun or really any shotgun period. In the end if he had 1000 on it, it would probably be a fair price all things considered.
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    That stock on anything other than an ar-15 looks like crap. That goes for you AK guys too. [:D]
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RustyBones
    That stock on anything other than an ar-15 looks like crap. That goes for you AK guys too. [:D]
    [:0][:0][:0]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Over-accessorized, over-hyped, and over-priced.

Ditto for Scattergun Technologies.

My cobbled-together-from-parts 870 will do what those guns do, and I have less than $200 in it.

Two quotes come to mind:

"There's one born every minute."

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Those quotes apply to those who bought into Spillman Technologies as well. [xx(]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    have any of you ever even held any of their weapons?

there is a good reason nighthawk and wilson gets 3k+ for their 1911's, and high dollar for their 870's

in comparison they are to guns what saleen, hennessy are to cars
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes, I have held and examined a very over-priced Scattergun Technologies 870. Nice shotgun, but not worth the sticker price. Anyone with a modicum of skill and a Brownell's catalog can build an equivalent shotgun in his garage for way less money.

I do like Hennessey cognac. What's a Saleen? Isn't that a Mustang with a lot of aftermarket parts and a decal added?
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    What's a Saleen? Isn't that a Mustang with a lot of aftermarket parts and a decal added?
    Yep, and way over priced just like the "tacticool" guns we're talking about.
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    What's a Saleen? Isn't that a Mustang with a lot of aftermarket parts and a decal added?
    Yep, and way over priced just like the "tacticool" guns we're talking about.

yes and no on the price. Still pretty sweet and very fast ride.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    this is funny, it reminds me of the opions from yugo owners i the 80's, and even more current hi-point handgun owners

why pay more for the same thing lol
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    does nothing for me,,don't care for the looks of it at all,,[xx(][xx(][xx(]
    I concur.