In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Liz Cheney...another carpetbagger.

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
This happened a few months ago. Liz Cheney was out here in Wyoming pretending that she belonged here, campaigning for the Senate, so she decided to show what a regular gal she is and bought a fishing license. She purchased a resident fishing license even though the rules state you must reside in Wyoming for a full year to be a resident. Long story short, she was stopped by the Game Warden and questioned about her license and her residency. Issued a fine of close to $300 for buying a resident license. Cheney said she did not know that one year residency was required and that the clerk who sold her the license never asked. I sell hunting and fishing licenses every day and the third question ever applicant gets asked, is "how long have you been a Wyoming resident"? I don't like carpetbaggers and Cheney is just as guilty as Hillary Clinton. Why doesn't she go back to Virginia, where she has resided for the past however many years and run for office there???[xx(][:(!]

Comments

• torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    Here in Nev it shows on your DL when you became resident.
    As far as her running for office back east. They know all about her, maybe she thinks she can bluff you western hicks.[:D]
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought she was a * ?
  • Removed at users request.Removed at users request. Member Posts: 3,027
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan
    I thought she was a * ?

Well played, sir!
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes well Virginia is about to get a carpetbagger for a Governor. Virginia's purple is fast becoming blue and the people will give a resounding vote of confidence for Obamacare and the progressive path by voting in McAuliffe. The only thing that will stop his agenda will be the General Assembly, but eventually that majority will go blue then all his gun control plans will be put into place. [V] I need to move to Idaho or Montana.
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought she was a * ?

That would be her sister Mary.
  • StingSting Member Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Something even worse. You will be hearing the names of the Obama daughters and their children as they all rise into positions. The names of every one of today's politicians will haunt us forever and all the way to our graves.
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sting
    Something even worse. You will be hearing the names of the Obama daughters and their children as they all rise into positions. The names of every one of today's politicians will haunt us forever and all the way to our graves.

Too true!
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sting

Thanks you just wrecked my day[V]
    RLTW

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    This happened a few months ago. she decided to show what a regular gal she is and bought a fishing license. She purchased a resident fishing license even though the rules state you must reside in Wyoming for a full year to be a resident. Long story short, she was stopped by the Game Warden and questioned about her license and her residency. Issued a fine of close to $300 for buying a resident license. BUT......BUT......BUT did this regular gal catch any fish ? [:0] Does she even know how ? [:D] If the answer to both is "no" then give her a new suit case for her old carpet bag and say.... BYE, go back HOME [;)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wyoming is the Cheney ancestral home.

Why must we hate so?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I voted for her Dad in 1978 when he won the House seat and each time thereafter right up to his last run.

Mule
  • Sooeyman2035Sooeyman2035 Member Posts: 3,226
    edited November -1
    You might do worse!
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Why must we hate so?

Not a question of hate....the only reason she is coming back to Wyoming is to run on the Cheney name...she couldn't give a crap about Wyoming as she has been living on the east coast for many years.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe she just wanted to go fishing. Maybe it was just an honest mistake on both parties. Crap happens.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought she was a * ?

I did two but I guess thats her sister. I learned something today!

What are her politics? I though she was a progressive/liberal Republican.
    RLTW

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Happy to hear that she got ticketed!
    What's next?
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Why must we hate so?

Not a question of hate....the only reason she is coming back to Wyoming is to run on the Cheney name...she couldn't give a crap about Wyoming as she has been living on the east coast for many years.

Oh ! You mean she is a politician ! ......

[;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    I thought she was a * ?

That too.

O gotta GO!
  • gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Let's see what the Wyoming voters think about her. Her father is supporting her full out and Wyoming is her home state.....no matter where she has lived for the last many years. I was born in WV and will be buried in WV and that is my home state, no matter where I have lived in between. Going to be an interesting race...I like her (and her father) and would vote for her in a minute if I could....we need new young fresh (and female) blood in the mix IMO. Go Girl[;)]