In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whats cooking tonite ????

Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in General Discussion
OK :

Im not sure yet : Thinking Maybe Chicken & Waffles or ???

Any suggestions ???

Thanks !!!
The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?

Comments

• Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thinkin maybe T-Bone steaks on the grill : local store had them on sale for $3.99 lb . ???

Fresh corn on the cob & Salad ????

I like stuff cooked on the grill !!!!!!

Thanks !!!

• 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Tacos my Brother. It's all about the Tacos. [:D]
  • BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    The birds are flocking around here today. Hmmmmm, 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie! [:0][:p][:D]
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Pork Schnitzel, Choice of Mushroom Brown Sauce or Dill/Sour Cream Sauce, Fresh GreenBeans/BACON! Still-Warm Applesauce.

Warsteiner Oktoberfest Beers aplenty.

Later, Looks like Cherry Cobbler, French Vanilla Ice Cream, w/Fooosh!
  • SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Baked Haddack, Ritz cracker topping made with butter and a dash of Tabasco. Fresh corn on the cob.

Forgot to add also having Swiss chard saluted in some bacon grease.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going to fire up the grill and start some ribs around 4-4:30. Should be ready around 5:45-6. I'm not sure what we are having with them yet.....maybe some corn on the cob or sweet potato hash browns.

Jon
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77
    I'm going to fire up the grill and start some ribs around 4-4:30. Should be ready around 5:45-6. I'm not sure what we are having with them yet.....maybe some corn on the cob or sweet potato hash browns.

Jon

Curious, do you wrap your ribs in foil (initially) in order to not overcook them? Flame on lowest setting? I've been cooking my Ribs indoors in a Pyrex baking dish, low and slow. Covered in foil until about 3/4 done. Sauce towards the end.

If you've not tried it, Country Bob's Honey Habenero ROCKS.
    edited November -1
    OK :

Decided on a beef n veggies deal ( kind of like beef soup ?)?

anyhow : Whats everbody else doing ???

Thanks !!!

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spaghetti and meatballs, all home made even the noodles[:p]
    RLTW

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a few crackers and a piece of bread this morning...

But I skipped lunch and will pass on dinner.

Physical therapy was rough yesterday and it's probably better to avoid food tonight...

Though some vanilla soft serve ice cream with cone in a bowl sounds nice.

Mike
    edited November -1
    OK :

Lodge meeting this evening : looks like Junky Shoneys ???

Thanks !!!

edited November -1
    Just a hint: today is National Cheeseburger Day!
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sunday had BBQ'd cuy and platanos.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1

Jon

Curious, do you wrap your ribs in foil (initially) in order to not overcook them? Flame on lowest setting? I've been cooking my Ribs indoors in a Pyrex baking dish, low and slow. Covered in foil until about 3/4 done. Sauce towards the end.

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

I tried a new method and it worked awesome! I'm usually not a huge fan of ribs on a gas grill, but these were pretty good.

I removed the ribs from the fridge, trimmed a bit of the fat off (just to try and make them even in thickness), rinsed them with cold water, patted them dry with paper towel, seasoned them heavily with a rub of your choice.

I had the grill up and running around a 350 temperature. It's a 3 burner grill, so I had both outer burners on medium to get up to temp and then low the rest of the cook. I placed the ribs directly on the middle (off) burner, bones down, and cooked them for around 30-35 minutes.

I then removed the ribs and wrapped them in foil, with some orange juice. I placed them back on the middle (off) burner and cooked for another 35 or so minutes.

I then removed them from the foil, placed the ribs directly back over the middle burner (off), and sauced the top. I flipped them and re-sauced the top every 5 minutes for another 30 minutes. Man were they good!

Jon
  • gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by Sig220_Ruger77

I tried a new method and it worked awesome! I'm usually not a huge fan of ribs on a gas grill, but these were pretty good.

I removed the ribs from the fridge, trimmed a bit of the fat off (just to try and make them even in thickness), rinsed them with cold water, patted them dry with paper towel, seasoned them heavily with a rub of your choice.

I had the grill up and running around a 350 temperature. It's a 3 burner grill, so I had both outer burners on medium to get up to temp and then low the rest of the cook. I placed the ribs directly on the middle (off) burner, bones down, and cooked them for around 30-35 minutes.

I then removed the ribs and wrapped them in foil, with some orange juice. I placed them back on the middle (off) burner and cooked for another 35 or so minutes.

I then removed them from the foil, placed the ribs directly back over the middle burner (off), and sauced the top. I flipped them and re-sauced the top every 5 minutes for another 30 minutes. Man were they good!

Jon

Seems like a lot of work to do your ribs. I drive 5 minutes to neighborhood BBQ and wait 15 minutes for food after I order and done. [8D][:o)]
    edited November -1
    OK :

All this talk bout tacos has me thinking ?????

Any body got any different (strange) variations there of ???

Thanks !!!

edited November -1
    OK :

????????????

Thanks !!!

edited November -1
    OK :

Looks like Jambalaya ( with sausage & chicken & beans ) ???

Thanks !!!

edited November -1

Jon

Jon

Thanks Jon, just caught this. (Copying.) Adding to Recipe files. Will give It a try. Thanks for responding.

AzTnGundoc - Fish Tacos. [^]
  • kidthatsirishkidthatsirish Member Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I grilled cheeseburgers, grilled chicken and hot dogs!
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Wendy's four for $4
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marination of Deer tenderloin...
    edited November -1
    OK :

Looks like spaghetti & salad & garlic bread tonite : Son-in-law is here doing some yard work : Guess I got tp feed him ? LoL !

Thanks !!!

edited November -1
    Bavarian Style Braised Beef, Spaetzel, and Sour Cabbage.

Coupla Sam Adams' Octoberfests to drink.

German Chocolate Cake
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    Bison ribeyes,,,[:p][:p][:p][:p]
    edited November -1
    OK :

Watching it rain : good thing we got yard work done yesterday ? The pasta dish was good ? Think maybe I had a bit too much 7/7 ???

So,,, Looks like t-bones & salad & mustard tator salad & ???

and of course : a touch of the ole "7/7" ?????

Thanks !!!

edited November -1
    OK :

Beef liver n onions w-mashed tators & gravy & salad ???? YUM !!!

Thanks !!!

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited November -1
    Dang!! I've had this pound of calves liver in the freezer a long time.

Every time I make a suggestion to the wife about having it, she votes me down and we always end up eating something else.[V]

Time to put on my MAN pants and pull that liver first thing in the morning!! They do thaw out rather quickly and the excuse about re-freezing ruining the meat should work very well![}:)][:p]
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The wife went to a funeral yesterday afternoon, and while she was gone, I thawed out about 2 lbs of venison backstrap steaks. Double dredged in seasoned flour and egg/buttermilk, fried at 350*, and made sawmill gravy for the smashed Yukon Gold potatoes on the side. Came out tender as an angel's heart, and I made a pig of myself as usual![:D]
    edited November -1
    OK :

BBQ chicken on the grill , rice , tator salad & ???

Thanks !!!

• mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last night I cooked a big pot of white Lima beans and ham,,wife cooked a double batch of cornbread to go with them,,Tonight she is taking the left over cornbread and cooking a big pan of chicken and dressing
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stopped by Safeway yesterday. They had Pork Sirloin Chop (more like a roast) for .99 cents a pound. I guess since China's not buying US pork they're unloading it cheap state side. I think I'll stop by again and buy another 5 pounder for the freezer.

I'll bone it out so I can use the bone for making Ramen or Pho Stock later. I'll tie the chunk, roll it in rub and maybe wrap it in bacon?
    edited November -1
    OK :

Going to the store this afternoon : No Idea what Im going to get ???

Also got to get some-thing for this weekend ? Maybe a lil something to burn on the grill ???

Any suggestions ???

Thanks !!!

edited November -1
    OK :

Looks like maybe a T-Bone & fresh corn on the cob & baked tator ???

Local grocery store had a sale on T-Bones : $3.99 lb !!!!

Thanks !!!

edited November -1
    Had about 1 1/2 lb. Ground beef, simmered/browned with a large diced onion. Sauteed with chopped garden fresh tomatoes. A jar of Prego extra garden chunky, garlic, basil, etc. Added some fine diced hot peppers, some Galena Blasting Powder dust (thanks gunnut505.) Angel hair Pasta. Liberal amounts of EVOO, and Parmesian.

Good eats. [:D]

Having some here again, shortly.
  • austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wifey is grilling some bourbon glazed salmon, asparagus and some au gratin potatoes
    edited November -1

• pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Grilled a steak and a baked potatoe
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
    edited November -1
    OK :

Thinking bout TACOS !!! I got all the fixins ? YUM !!!

Thanks !!!

This discussion has been closed.