In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

"K-19 The Widowmaker"

fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I dunno if it's true or not but,it's a pretty damn good story/movie.(U have to excuse all the American and English actors,trying to put-on Russian accents)

Comments

• ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    Meryl Streep and Harrison Ford should join together in a movie in which they can both use their formidable fake slavic accents. Maybe a remake with a twist... The Bridges of Moscowovich County.
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    great movie.

i prefer it when they just decide not to bother with fake accents. the very brief "why is that russian speaking with an english accent? oh yeah, its a movie" is easier dealt with than two hours of atrocious accented dialogue...
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The accent wasn't as bad as "The Hunt For Red October". They had everyone except a Japanese in that movie. The blend of the Red October crew with few real Russians and Connery yapping it up in full Scotch. Do Ukrainians sound Scottish? Honestly I really don't care because I like that movie. Same goes with K-19.

I might take a break from watching "Magnum" season 2 and watch "The Hunt For Red October" then "1941". You know the John Belushi and a Japanese sub crew yelling "Holllyyywwoooddddd!" [:D].
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    The accent wasn't as bad as "The Hunt For Red October". They had everyone except a Japanese in that movie. The blend of the Red October crew with few real Russians and Connery yapping it up in full Scotch. Do Ukrainians sound Scottish? Honestly I really don't care because I like that movie. Same goes with K-19.

I might take a break from watching "Magnum" season 2 and watch "The Hunt For Red October" then "1941". You know the John Belushi and a Japanese sub crew yelling "Holllyyywwoooddddd!" [:D].

I believe that Capt. Ramius was Latvian or maybe Lithuanian or Estonian...
    but I don't think they have Scottish accents either...