In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No Reserve Ammo Plug

Gav-n-TnGav-n-Tn Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in General Discussion

Comments

• GRIZZLY17GRIZZLY17 Member Posts: 1,676
    edited November -1
    Just curious but why no sales of 22's to Illinois?
  • Gav-n-TnGav-n-Tn Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GRIZZLY17
    Just curious but why no sales of 22's to Illinois?
    I just didn't want to fool with the whole FOID thing or anyone in Chi-town bidding on it.
    edited November -1
    Its really no big deal. I buy ammo on the auction side and just send a copy of my DL and FOID with it and your covered.

No as far as chit-cogo I don't blame you there. Who knows what funky rules they have.
    edited November -1
    Its really no big deal. I buy ammo on the auction side and just send a copy of my DL and FOID with it and your covered.

No as far as chit-cogo I don't blame you there. Who knows what funky rules they have.
    Well bid on it. I would do the FOID thing for a forum member. I was just making it easy on myself (lazy?).
    edited November -1
    I was really just wondering. If that the way you want it thats cool. Its your auctions.

I can't say I really blame you. Its just more for you to worry about.

I don't really like sending my DL to just random people, that sometimes worries me.... but what do ya do.

Sometimes theres better deals on the interwebs then right here in town.
    edited November -1
    I was really just wondering. If that the way you want it thats cool. Its your auctions.

I can't say I really blame you. Its just more for you to worry about.

I don't really like sending my DL to just random people, that sometimes worries me.... but what do ya do.

Sometimes theres better deals on the interwebs then right here in town.
    I understand about the DL thing but I don't know of anyone that sells online without getting an Ammunition Statement signed. If they do, they're leaving themselves open. You have to cover your tail from a legal standpoint. I'm an ammo dealer but I sell very little of it on GB. Most of it I sell on my website, at shows, locally, etc.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Awww cummon GRIZ, Gav may be a semi NEWB but, I don't think he's a STALKER..[8D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    Awww cummon GRIZ, Gav may be a semi NEWB but, I don't think he's a STALKER..[8D]
    LOL. Only my post count makes me look like a newb. I've been here a couple of years. I spend most of my time on my own site until it gets late and the traffic dies down.
  • danlatrippdanlatripp Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got'em started.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't believe you haven't sold that AMT .40 yet. Nice little pistol. [8D]

Jon
  • BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    I would not bid on these quantities because shipping is going to be at least $10.00 to $12.00 for every thirty rounds. Ammo must ship UPS ground, not USPS. You will lose your * on this or have a lot of angry customers when they find out shipping costs.
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    I have to agree the 5.56 ammo is a problem for bidding at 30 rounds per auction. Would have to win a bunch of those auctions to make the shipping work out. I am watching all of it, will see how it goes before bidding.

My last win on 5.56 was in December, 500 rounds of Federal FMJ that averaged out at $6.68 per 20 with shipping. Take a look at this seller, they bulk sale ammo starting at a penny, free shipping and always do well:
    <link to other seller deleted cuzz I'm a nice guy damnit!>
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Chris,
    Did you just hijack his plug thread????????[:0]
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    Chris,

Not intentionally and I am not selling any such thing. The link was not to my auctions. But I do see your point, so I fixed it.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    You are a nice guy! Dammit.[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside
    Chris,
    Nah. Anyone can say what they want on the forum. Boomerang doesn't give a thimble of intellectual credit to bidders though: Who -in their right mind- would bid on just one box? The description states VERY CLEARLY that shipping is combined.
    edited November -1
    I put some thought into it and combined them into 360rd lots. Thanks for the input.