In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

After looking on CL

coltpaxcoltpax Member Posts: 8,114
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
I have determined that fourwheelers are expensive. My lord, all these $5000 fourwheelers, just mind boggling. Seems nobody sells beat to crap junk anymore that needs work, and when they do they think it's gold. I mean, I don't want no shiny new ATV, gimme something that's beat up and needs work for cheap. But no, can't get one unless I wanna spend $5k on a brand new one. Guess it's time to start asking around. Of course, I could say screw an ATV and just get another gun... Yep, that sounds about right.[:D]

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    One U can ride in the woods/mud? Hmmmm.I wanna see that!!!![:D]
  • Gav-n-TnGav-n-Tn Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by coltpax
    I have determined that fourwheelers are expensive. My lord, all these $5000 fourwheelers, just mind boggling. Seems nobody sells beat to crap junk anymore that needs work, and when they do they think it's gold. I mean, I don't want no shiny new ATV, gimme something that's beat up and needs work for cheap. But no, can't get one unless I wanna spend $5k on a brand new one. Guess it's time to start asking around. Of course, I could say screw an ATV and just get another gun... Yep, that sounds about right.[:D]
    You can find some good deals if you're patient. I've owned several and got them all at a fair price and made money when I sold them. It may depend on where you live. Just don't buy one if it smokes!!
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went to Honda dealer 2 trips ago and was quoted something like 4500 for a brand new 2010 Rancher 400 with electric shift 4x4.

Look on CL and they want 5k or more for 2002 models. That's crazy. I'll buy a new Honda if I go that route.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There out there coltpax, just gotta be patient sometimes. Around here there are a ton of great deals right now. Everyone is selling their atv's for snowmobiles and then in the summer that is reversed. Kind of funny if you ask me. [:D]

Jon
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Have no idea where you are, but if you want to travel to florida, here are a few on craigs list rather cheap...

Course there are expensive ones too, but you said you want a cheap one to fix up...200 sound okay?...or less?

http://tampa.{elsewhere}.org/search/?areaID=37&subAreaID=&query=4+wheeler&catAbb=sss

Now that is interesting...the word elsewhere is supposed to be CL but the "auto censor" or what ever wont allow it...
  • jev1969jev1969 Member Posts: 2,691
    edited November -1
    Hey Coltpax do you ever make it to NY? I've have a buddies 350cc Honda clone in my garage. His son blew the clutch out of it the 2nd or 3rd time he rode it. It's been sitting about 2 years. It's mine now and I need the space. I'm not sure if its worth a 10 hour drive but if you ever make it this way I will part with it dirt cheap.
  • gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try looking at snowmobiles, they are nasty expensive also
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    One U can ride in the woods/mud? Hmmmm.I wanna see that!!!![:D]

Reminds me of a story I heard about Dale Earnhardt and Neil Bonnett.
    Neil bought a new 4 wheeler. Dale and Neil went riding one day. Not to far on the trail Dale ran Neil into the brush. Scratched his 4 wheeler. Neil asked, what the heck did you do that for? Dale told him, now you have the first scratch on it, you wont be afraid to ride it hard.

I thought that was funny.