In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NY Hi cap. Soda Ban. To CA. Foie Gras Ban

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
[:(!][:(!][:(!]
From the food police to PITA PETA.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-foie-gras-farewell-20120629,0,3881642.story
Government is so broken, pass the duck tape (pun intended) before it gets banned.

Comments

• Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sounds pretty disgusting to me and disgraceful to treat geese that way.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been at it for a while. Also them ALF breaking in to and doing Monkey Works at duck farms and restaurants that serve duck livers [:D].

Hell didn't they tried to make animal owners fix their pets and have to get papers to breed them.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    but marijuana is legal and harmless.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    sounds pretty disgusting to me and disgraceful to treat geese that way.

Actually NO! Checkout this ... http://www.artisanfarmers.org/

... besides, they are destined for table fare. YUM![^][^][^]
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    are you aware that the liver function is to filter impirities out of the blood/lymph system? Perhaps you could make a treat out of the kidneys as well.
  • Options
    HooverTacticalHooverTactical Member Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care about PETA and I'm not some kind of animal rights nut (i'm going hog hunting in the near future) I have pets and I eat steak...

but that foie gras thing seems pretty fing cruel to me and i have no problem with it being banned

if you can create a more tender steak by beating a cow every day unmercifully with a crowbar someone would do it
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodhog
    are you aware that the liver function is to filter impirities out of the blood/lymph system? Perhaps you could make a treat out of the kidneys as well.

Yes and yes!