In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A Perfect Morning

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Just before 7 am this morning I was being handed an extra-large steaming hot black coffee through the DD window. I couldn't help but notice a group of around 20 very fit young women running through the parking lot in front of my car. This is a large lot with a Walmart, three fast food joints, two set down restaurants, and maybe a dozen stores, one of which is a "Boot Camp' gym. They came from the gym and they all looked good.<p> At 7.30 I hit the water at Wrightsville Beach. Banks Channel was glassy and the water temp is still 81 degrees. There are very few things I like more than an early morning swim in the warm ocean. After 40 minutes I swam into the shallow water and did some yoga stretches (I must remain supple). The only thing I needed to complete the perfect morning was a Sonic Drive Inn Bacon, Egg, and Cheese burrito with onions, which I was stuffing down my neck by 9:15. Life Is Very GOOD!!

Comments

• Options
    hobo9650hobo9650 Member Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At age 83 next week, I get someone else to do my:

exercise
    cooking
    auto repairs,
    sex
    swimming.

[:)]
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like time to skip the swim and go to boot camp! [:p]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    If you sleep past 7:00, you miss the best part of the day. It?s all down hill after that.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Up at 5:30 and leave the house around 6:15. It a 30 mile drive from my house to the beach.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:a Sonic Drive Inn Bacon, Egg, and Cheese burrito with onions

And that undid all the good your swim and girl watching did for you.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you are speaking nutritionally I beg to differ. That burrito is bacon egg cheese and raw onions. Five hundred calories and a ton of protein. It fills me up for hours.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    40 minutes in the water without touching the bottom? How far is that, about a mile and a half? I'd do that but with flippers, mask, and snorkel. [:D] So as I can rest comfortably.

In about a dozen days I'll make my lustrumal pilgrimage to Island Beach State Park for the day. The water is in mid-high 70s right now, don't expect much different in two weeks. I'll have to pay a park fee but there are flush toilets and cold-water showers.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ricci, that does sound wonderful.

Mine was a 65 degree morning, top down drive, in a perfectly balanced car, on a twisty road, snicking gears through a close ratio gearbox, as the sun starts poking through the trees. As good as it gets, except it's on the way to work. [:(]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'll be by the ocean in a month...can't wait!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    By that time it will be cold and rainy.[:)][}:)][:o)]quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    i'll be by the ocean in a month...can't wait!!!