In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Forum question

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Is there anyplace on GunBroker that you can ask for brass trades?

Comments

• JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has the site went down on anybody else today. Several times I can get to the Auction side but the forums are gone.
    edited November -1
    On another web site I go to there is an option in the forum to "gag" people you do not want to see posts from. So basically if I got tired of the replies from a certain person I could "gag" them and it would block their posts from showing to me when I logged on. Is there an option for this on GB?
    edited November -1
    This AM it seems that lines 5,6 and 7 below the stickies are not separated by lines as usual. It doesn't matter which forum i tis in.
    Is it this way for all or is it just me?
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    https://forums.GunBroker.com/PostingGuidelines.asp

Second sentence from the top:

We do not allow the posting of 'For Sale' or 'For Trade' listings anywhere on these message forums. If you have something to sell, please post it on our auction site at http://www.GunBroker.com We do not allow ?For Trade? listings anywhere on our auction site or message forums.

I don't see any wiggle room in that one.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,121 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    put em in ziplock bags of 200 or so and sell em, then buy the brass you need, or try to trade them locally..... I don't understand this rule, but it is their rules and their forum
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hillbille
    ..... I don't understand this rule, but it is their rules and their forum
    Well, GB has a for profit venture going on the auction side, so allowing bartering to take place on the forums would circumvent their auction business.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
  • AzAfshinAzAfshin Member Posts: 2,986 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does the no-trade clause apply to a mutual giveaway [}:)][:D]
    edited November -1
    Might be a good opportunity for GB to start a new venture. Im not going to push their rules, If they dont want trades, I wont advertise what I got.
  • JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    Well, GB has a for profit venture going on the auction side, so allowing bartering to take place on the forums would circumvent their auction business.
    This ^^^.....GunBroker is a "for profit" business venture, all on here should realize that, see how long you can survive providing a service for free, Hell, even charities need "income" to do good things
    for the freeloaders amongst us [;)].......No profit means no forum for Barzillia [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]quote:Originally posted by AzAfshin
    Does the no-trade clause apply to a mutual giveaway [}:)][:D]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Any attempts to engage in buying, selling or trading in these forums will result in the offender having his account locked, most likely for good. If you think the ban on buying, selling and trading in the forums is a joke, then think again. Two members who were simply suspected of engaging in these practices had their accounts locked for several years and were only recently allowed to return to the forum.

If someone has something which they want to give away then they must clearly state the item is in fact being given away. Mutual giveaways which just happen to be won by the two donors, or "giving away" an item and charging $500 for postage? I'm not as stupid as some members want to believe.

This is the end of discussion on this subject.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a way to get around the rules. Put yours up for sale on the auction side, and then buy what you want from the auction side. That way you have traded your brass for what you want...[:D]
  • droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    There is a way to get around the rules. Put yours up for sale on the auction side, and then buy what you want from the auction side. That way you have traded your brass for what you want...[:D]

Agreed, this would be the easiest.