In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

AR-15 Binary Trigger

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
I gots to get me one of these.

bullet_3_612aad88-2a7e-403b-ae21-0ec2f8466f89_480x480.jpg?v=1509378112

https://youtu.be/o5ONpFy-QR8
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They do look fun and it looks like you can keep you rounds on target.
    RLTW

• shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $386.99 on Optics
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On sale at that price from Franklin and in stock as of today. I like it, hope BATF doesn't mind. Hey niner, good to see your post.[:)]
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You guys need to look in your backyard...
    https://www.GunBroker.com/item/784758031
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    You guys need to look in your backyard...
    https://www.GunBroker.com/item/784758031

oh snap!

This seems outside the rules of GB.....

Please pay close attention to the following. Any item that is not paid for within 4 hours of auction ending will be placed back on our shelves for sale both in store and online. If the item becomes sold out after this point and before payment is made customers will have the option of waiting on our restock to ship the item or requesting a refund of the sold out item. If a refund is requested their will be a mandatory 10% restocking fee to cover our costs associated with the sale. Remember, as sellers we have to pay fees to GunBroker whether our customers complete the purchase or not. This policy is non-negotiable.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    have one yet to put in rifle
    edited November -1
    It wouldn't surprise me if it becomes regulated under NFA at some point in the near future.
  • WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have been around for a few years and a maker in Florida also sells complete lowers.
    A friend bought one and we tried it with a number of uppers both DI and Piston (Sig 516 and PWS MK114). Worked great in everything
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should get one of these lowers to put it in.[:D]
    https://www.GunBroker.com/item/784454337
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks cool - but I'd go thru way too much ammo, way too quickly...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Franklin Binary are good triggers have installed a few there is a learning curve sometimes you need to change the buffer and spring.I like the Fostech Echo better buy a couple of trigger springs off ebay for $14 install those before installing the trigger the springs really help the trigger run well.Full auto BCG are a must and some BCG's need some machine work (or Dremel) so the hammer clears.Shop around and you can find them for less then $400.They are fun and you will need to buy ammo in bulk[;)]
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see the use or the fun.

You can't really hit crap with full/quasi-full or three round bursts. It would be better to stick with controlled semi-auto and hit what you are shooting at; saving the ammo money for booze and broads.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

You can't really hit crap with full/quasi-full or three round bursts. It would be better to stick with controlled semi-auto and hit what you are shooting at; saving the ammo money for booze and broads.

I would agree with that if I had not shot one.
    When you pull the trigger you can hold it reset POA and release it so every shot is a single shot.
    The difference is this can be faster as instead of 2 motions equaling one round each motion equals a round
    What I don't like about it is you are committed to 2 rounds when you pull the trigger. Yes, you can hold it and place the safety on but for all practical purposes you fire 2 rounds
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    Otto von Bismarck
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann

When you pull the trigger you can hold it reset POA and release it so every shot is a single shot.
    The difference is this can be faster as instead of 2 motions equaling one round each motion equals a round
    What I don't like about it is you are committed to 2 rounds when you pull the trigger. Yes, you can hold it and place the safety on but for all practical purposes you fire 2 rounds

With the Echo trigger in Binary mode if you do not release the trigger and put the safety back on semi mode the second round will not fire
  • bundybundy Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After that nut job shot up Las Vegas and brought more bad attention to the AR15 style rifles, this trigger appears to do what the slide stocks do. Just because some clever people can design a work around that is currently legal to make a semi-rifle burn through ammo like an actual full auto weapon doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it. I wish these clever people would realize that most people don't enjoy guns and shooting like most of us on this forum so when a loony kills a bunch of people Joe Public thinks no one should be allowed to own any gun that can take a large capacity magazine and shoot a lot of rounds quickly.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Screw that, I am old and don't drink.[:p]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hdcolt51

With the Echo trigger in Binary mode if you do not release the trigger and put the safety back on semi mode the second round will not fire

Same with the BFS III
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by hdcolt51

Same with the BFS III

If you both read my comment I stated exactly that.

But, holding the trigger back must be done carefully or you can let it off while putting on the safety. It can be done and you will get better with practice but one must be careful as any change may also change the POA unintentionally.
    I found in my use it is better to fire the two rounds safely where I wanted them to go and then make the gun safe
    That is my opinion from shooting this
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    Otto von Bismarck
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I SBR'd one of the Sharps Jack receivers a couple years ago for my Ares Defense beltfed upper, I think the binary trigger would be perfect for it ... It's not only different so it wouldn't get confused for an AR with a regular trigger ... Along with the CMMG 22PDW, the beltfed is just about the most fun you can have with yer pants on anyway [:)]

P6120010.jpg
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.