In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Got Some Deals!

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
About 6 months ago a friend sold me a Springfield XDs 45acp for $250 with the box and everything. It has Talon grips on it that I really like, and shoots great. Gonna be a keeper. [:)]
Was talking to my insurance agent last week, and he knows I like gun swapping. He said he had a Smith and Wesson 9mm he didn't want and would sell it for $200. I asked if he had it with him, it was in his car. Turned out to be a nice clean M&P in the original box! I left with it and cleaned it up a bit, test fired, wiped it down, and yesterday sold it for a tidy profit.
Now I'm looking for the next deal!

That said, I always carry at least $1000 on me at all times, just in case I find something I want or need. Anyone else carry a little cash like that? [?]

Comments

• wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm always up for a bargain but keep in mind, Your only allowed to sell so many Guns a year before the ATF considers you a Dealer selling without a License!
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    I'm always up for a bargain but keep in mind, Your only allowed to sell so many Guns a year before the ATF considers you a Dealer selling without a License!
    Nope, not according to the link in Spider's "Are you a gun dealer" sticky above.

As to the OP, great deals, and yeah I always have some cash on me. Usually not a grand, but $200-$500 most of the time.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $1,000 walking around money? That's a lot of Top Ramen money [:D].
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't, but when I go to a gun show I'm prepared to find almost anything! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    I don't, but when I go to a gun show I'm prepared to find almost anything! [:D]

Yeah, for gun shows, I usually have 2-3K$ on me.