In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

just think

spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in General Discussion

Comments

• spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jake can now run up and down all the old backroads chasing chickens and crashin trees,diggin ditches with the tires of his jeep..runnin up and down creeks..hootin and hollerin all he wants..and i'm not responsible[;)][:D]all my Sons are now officially raised...thank you Lord[;)][8D],its been a hoot
    edited November -1
    if just (1) ONE of the BIG banks in AMERICA goes bust it will wipe out the FDIC insurance fund on hand ..JUST ONE....gives one a real sense of security .....oh yeah...they can really only cover a miniscule amount of the deposits total ...your $250K limit is a pipe dream
    edited November -1
    If he does not get the Nomination and President Trump Nominates Somebody Else.

What do you think they will Say.
  • scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If world events unfold so that the FDIC doesn't/can't make good on the $250K, we'll have far bigger problems than our current paper wealth.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage, car payments or credit card anymore...gotta look at the silver lining.
    edited November -1
    i know a friend that has a basement full of gold and silver...???? can't eat it..he's single, and i figure the first one in his house after he dies could be later identified by the multiple hernias
  • WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    if just (1) ONE of the BIG banks in AMERICA goes bust it will wipe out the FDIC insurance fund on hand ..JUST ONE....gives one a real sense of security .....oh yeah...they can really only cover a miniscule amount of the deposits total ...your $250K limit is a pipe dream

It'll start an avalanche. Those depending on bank funds will be up a creek.

Invest in commodities- silver and lead...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe the FDIC is another of those government agencies with "funds" that do not really exist. In effect the FDIC insured banks insure each other.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek

Horse crap. They would just print more ones and zeros and SHAAZAM you got your 250K back.... Of course it would take 250K to buy a pile of pig scat, but hey man, 250K is 250K right....
  • mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage, car payments or credit card anymore...gotta look at the silver lining.

I'm with you.
    Our type will be the last men standing IMHO
    "may you live in interesting times"

It's more than a possibility lately.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting, but I have not seen a printer yet that thinks.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

'Tis far better to owe no one .... no mortgage, no car payments and no credit card debt.

that means NO INTEREST and MORE $$ in your pocket.

[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]

^^^^^^^^^This!