In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

almost bought one today

varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
went to a new shop today, heavily advertised place. saw a very, very nice rem. 552. i thought it was priced pretty high so i asked the guy what he could do on it, he quoted me the price on the tag, i told him i was hoping for a little better than that, he went to his computer and knocked twenty dollars off, i offered him 20 less than that, cash. he took the gun from my hand put it in the rack and didnt speak to me anymore. seemed fairly short tempered for a businessman.

Comments

• scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Over-priced and poor service...doubt they will be in business long.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    several years ago i went to a new gunstore on s main Pratt ks... wandered around looked at everything while the honcho just looked at me and kept on yakking with some buddy??...i had $2K cash in my pocket and looking to buy...after two full passes and not a word i left and have never been back
  • varianvarian Member Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tax free weekend here in Miss. i ended up buying a vaquero 357 in bright stainless from a very small shop closed to the house. guy was glad to get my business.