In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Speaking of Tacos -

84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
That is the game plan for this evening and tomorrow, and the day after.

Thawed out about 2lbs of lean ground beef. Will brown in small batches, with fine diced onions.

Salt/pepper, red chili dust, Chile' Pequin' ("Hot, hot, be very careful.") [Thanks gunnut505.] [:D]

Slow cooked Pinto beans. Diced fresh onions, diced pickled Jalapenos, diced fresh tomatoes, fresh guacamole, diced fresh shredded lettuce, sour cream, Hot Salsa, Tabasco (judiciously applied.) lots of fine shredded sharp cheddar cheese.

Individually (in a Cast Iron Skillet,) fried Soft Corn Tortillas in EVOO.

Does not get much Mo Better. [:D]

Comments

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's the right way, too, in bacon grease! 2 to four at a time with just the meat and then add the rest after serving.
    What's next?
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No one was speaking of tacos. Are you taking your meds?? Are you hearing voices again??
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    No one was speaking of tacos. Are you taking your meds?? Are you hearing voices again??

Ricci,, we were all talking about tacos ,, I guess you aren't in the right crowd. [:D][:D]
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chili cheddar tacos for me. That's it, just chili and sharp cheddar in the tortilla. Four, then four more.
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright

Check your "Ruger very Fast," thread. I was responding to a comment you made.

Hence this "Speaking of Tacos" thread.
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That?s thread integration and I?m pretty sure it?s not allowed. [:)]
  • TcattTcatt Member Posts: 342 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tacos are always speaking to me.

Ola Taco!!

I try to converse with them as often as possible[:)]
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry to tell you Ken, but it does get better... You need to try a taco crescent ring... After girlfriend made this for me one night back in the early 2000s, I have not ate a tortilla taco since... Recipe link follows

https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/taco-ring-from-pampered-chef-81160?ref=amp
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Just browned the 2 lbs. of lean ground beef in small batches. Loads of fine diced onion in each small batch. Diced some over ripe high acidic garden tomatoes into the mix. (Can not let stuff go to waste.)` Into the crock pot on warm, to keep it ready to go.

Added salt/pepper, Smoked Chipotle pepper dust, and a tablespoon of the ("Hot, hot, be very careful,") Chile Pequin' gunnut505 was so generous as to have provided.

Mouth is watering in anticipation of this evening's meal. Gonna be Mmnnnn,..........mmmnnn........good. Love me some Tacos.[:D]

Man was that good! Finished off 6 way overstuffed Homemade Tacos last evening. If I wasn't so overstuffed it would have been Nirvana. I was smart enough to stop at 6 and not polish off the other two I had made and ready to eat. Today will be Taco left overs. Have the two soft corn tortilla ones already made. Will have to resort to hard shells for the last 6-8 or so.

Singing the Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire," song this AM. If your gonna play, you got to pay. [:0][B)][xx(][V]