In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More fire

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
This time south of me.

quote:North Douglas County firefighters on Friday evening were fighting a wildfire along Interstate 5, about 11 miles south of Cottage Grove.

The fires were reported about 7 p.m. along I-5 near Bear Creek Road in the unincorporated community of Curtin. The fire may have been started by a vehicle traveling north on I-5, according to a dispatcher with North Douglas County Fire & EMS.

Oregon Trip Check showed a wildfire between mileposts 164 and 170, and motorists could expect a delay of about 20 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still think that the Liberal Commies are doing it.[:(!]

They said that they would.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    jbetjbet Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went by there headed south shortly after it started. There were 4 or 5 fires which made me think of a vehicle traveling north with something dragging the pavement or running on a flat with hot rubber flying off. There was only one fire truck on site and he was on the first fire going north from Curtin. I saw more fire trucks headed north as I was going south.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Update.

quote:: Fire crews said Saturday morning that the two southern most fires merged together overnight and have burned about 85 acres.

Several homes and outbuildings were threatened by the fires, but evacuations were lifted Saturday morning.

Firefighters said they were able to get a containment line around these fires, stopping the spread.

Crews have been able to get a handle on the four other fires, the largest of which is four acres in size.

Firefighters said they will continue to monitor containment and mop up hot spots on the smaller fires Saturday.

One lane of I-5 was closed Saturday morning but has reopened. Drivers are still being told to expect delays.