In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Not that it really matters to anyone, but

hulk2hulk2 Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Just wanted to say .......... FFFLLLLLLOCK YYYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHH !!!!!
After living for way to many years in the PRK (people's republic of kalifornia) I'm finally retired & outta there. No more soaking it to this kid. Moonbeam & all his buddies can drop off into the ocean for all I care. Man I hate that place ..... Feels like a new lease on life now. [:)][:)][:)]

Thanks for listening

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by duckhunter
    Where to ???

It doesn't matter where he's going as long as he gets out of California in my opinion...

CONGRATULATIONS hulk2!!!!
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you. I'm glad your happy with your decision. Enjoy it.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats enjoy the rest of your free life [:D]
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    I felt the same way when I was able to get out of the NY/NJ area, and move back down to NE/TN W/NC.

Congrats on your move and retirement. Where did you move to?
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats ...and try to find a state where a vicious criminal will actually be executed for his deeds than rewarded with a lifetime vacation at your expense...you may stand a better chance of not being a victim...and ENJOY life
  • serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    Where to ???

It doesn't matter where he's going as long as he gets out of California in my opinion...

I would stay away from New England with the exception of New Hampshire.

serf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Hampshire
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From his profile it looks like Robert has landed in Idaho. Congrats on getting out of Kali.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by serf
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    Where to ???

I would stay away from New England with the exception of New Hampshire.

serf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_New_Hampshire

Avoid any state controlled by tax crazed gun hating DEMOCRATs.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See there, it does matter. Congrats on your relocation.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats. And Illinois is the Midwest answer to CA-
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Utah is a free state, you would be welcomed as long as you didn't bring the California politics with you.... if you did bring some of that California politics, be prepared to be tarred and feathered, because we value our freedom more than we would value your skin
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    good for you [:D]
  • hulk2hulk2 Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS really to everyone for the kind words. I am so happy these days, feel's like a huge weight has been lifted. I in no way am bringing any of the Kalif commie politics with me, quite the opposite. Blackdog pretty much nailed it .... there's some pretty smart hombres in these parts. [;)]
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hulk, what part of Idaho? I've got 500 acres on the east side of Malad City waiting for me. As soon as all the loose ends are tied up, I'll be right behind you.
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on retirement and being set free!

When I retired in 2006, after 35 years in CA, I didn't let the door hit me in the butt on my way out of the state!!!!! [:D]

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another big congratulations to you on our retirement and relocation!!! Here's wishing you the best of good luck, health, and prosperity.
    What's next?
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good move. California is really screwed up by the libs and Mexicans I know it is a disaster zone.

I must warn you, 40 years ago in 1977 I lived in Newport Washington, just 3 miles from Idaho and spent a lot of time in Idaho.

Even back then were a lot of Californians moving up to Idaho and the locals resented them. I remember seeing bumper stickers that said "DON'T CALIFORNICATE IDAHO"

Saw quite a few of them. I suggest you get Idaho plates Mach Schnell and tell people you are from Georgia.
  • bustedkneebustedknee Member Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did CA pass the law that even if you retire and move away, you must still pay CA state tax on the portion of your retirement that you earned in CA?
    I can't believe they misspelled "Pork and Beans!"
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you,,,[^][^][^][^]
  • hulk2hulk2 Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Allen I've seen the bumper stickers too, but the ones I see now are I daho is full referring to people like yours truly. Trust me I get it ........ If I were born & raised here I'd probably resent people like me also assuming everyone's politics in that screwed up state are the same (myth). Your right though, new plates are done & I have noticed not so many "looks that kill" driving around anymore. Busted, I know Kalif. did try & pass a law on taxation of earned retirement which prompted a Supreme Court case on double taxation where if an individual has relocated to a new State they can't be taxed in two different States at the same time. https://www.thebalance.com/state-income-tax-myths-3193335
    Anywho I'm here to be a proud American, proudly fly my Country's Flag, support the constitution, obey the "LAW" (which Kalif. doesn't), pay my taxes (in a free State finally), get along with everyone & enjoy life ......
  • Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,137 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you, hulk. The knots in your shoulders should already be loosening. Won't be long until you achieve a full "Aaaaahhhhhhhh."
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bustedknee
    Did CA pass the law that even if you retire and move away, you must still pay CA state tax on the portion of your retirement that you earned in CA?

They would play hell enforcing that crap.