In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BREAST MILK KILLS HIV VIRUS.

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Breast milk has superpowers even you didn't realize
7 hrs ago
related links
_?#8203;15 products that make breastfeeding easier
_?10 surprising reasons why breastfeeding rocks

Ladies, your boobs may be even more powerful than you thought:

New research suggests that breast milk "has a strong [HIV] virus-kiling effect," according to authors of the study, conducted at the UNC Center for Infectious Diseases and the UNC Center for AIDS Research. Scientists have long wondered whether breast milk fought the virus or -- like other * fluids -- transmitted it. In fact, they found that breast milk has "amazing ability of breast milk to destroy HIV and prevent its transmission." It's good news, and could even lead to the development of natural products that fight HIV.

http://now.msn.com/living/0630-breast-milk-hiv.aspx

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Why do they always call it "breast" milk? What other kind of milk would it be? Oh, I guess there's coconut milk too...
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "amazing ability of breast milk to destroy HIV and prevent its transmission."

Great. Now the pillow-biters will want hucows for faghags.
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Straight from the tap better [:D]?
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unpasteurized.....don't we have laws against that?
  • JohnTJohnT Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Unpasteurized.....don't we have laws against that?

That was said jokingly, but you may have inadvertently hit the answer to the mystery.

We already know what happens when the natural bacteria in our gastrointestinal tract are destroyed with antibiotics.

Could it be that the natural bacteria in milk...cow, goat, or human...be the pathogens that attack the Aids virus? The cure for Aids may be as simple as drinking unpasteurized milk...assuming, fo course that the gub'mint would allow it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JohnT
    We already know what happens when the natural bacteria in our gastrointestinal tract are destroyed with antibiotics.

Could it be that the natural bacteria in milk...cow, goat, or human...be the pathogens that attack the Aids virus? The cure for Aids may be as simple as drinking unpasteurized milk...assuming, fo course that the gub'mint would allow it.

Unless one shoots it up (arm candy style [:D]) I reckon the bacteria in our gut would kill it before it got in to the blood stream.
  • JohnTJohnT Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yoshmyster
    quote:Originally posted by JohnT

Unless one shoots it up (arm candy style [:D]) I reckon the bacteria in our gut would kill it before it got in to the blood stream.

That depends on its protein sheath. The bacteria in our gut doesn't kill the bacteria in our gut, and it doesn't kill other pathogens that make us sick.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******
    edited November -1
    OMG,do you think they will be dispensing this milk in public?????
  • gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BreastFeeding.jpeg
    [;)][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't believe it...if so hiv aids would NOT be epidemic in africa
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    Something that really kills the AIDS virus, is elevated body temperature. This was pretty-well documented on a segment of Tony Brown's Journal that aired on PBS.

But why shouldn't it? A sufficiently elevated body temperature for 24 hours has been demonstrated to cure syphilis. The bugs literally can't stand the heat.

I sometimes wondered why Physicians often prescribe antipyretics to combat fever, when spiking a fever is a known defense mechanism of the body to kill all kinds of pathogens. Granted that the fever has to be monitored and balanced, but it is a lot cheaper than most antibiotics that become a substitute for it.
  • PTHEIMPTHEIM Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    I already have a hard enough time NOT staring at most of my female (hi-C to D cup, 17yr +up) co-workers at the store and now I gotta keep from droolin' too.

My work station is at the junction point of the store, it leads to and from the break-room upstairs.

I'm gonna have to prop the door open to make sure they don't trip on those concrete/steal stairs. just what I need, more work.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by machine gun moran
    Something that really kills the AIDS virus, is elevated body temperature. This was pretty-well documented on a segment of Tony Brown's Journal that aired on PBS.

But why shouldn't it? A sufficiently elevated body temperature for 24 hours has been demonstrated to cure syphilis. The bugs literally can't stand the heat.

I sometimes wondered why Physicians often prescribe antipyretics to combat fever, when spiking a fever is a known defense mechanism of the body to kill all kinds of pathogens. Granted that the fever has to be monitored and balanced, but it is a lot cheaper than most antibiotics that become a substitute for it.

If that were true there would be no AIDS in Africa [:D]. Oh wait there is no aides in Africa.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Must be why it has been called a gay disease...
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Breast milk bought and sold online | kgw.com Portlandwww.kgw.com/.../Special-report-Breast-milk-bought-and-sold-online...Cached
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    Feb 3, 2012 - Women all over the country are cashing in on what people are calling a mother's "natural liquid gold" - human breast milk.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Must be why it has been called a gay disease...

Anyone can get aids,,,,,,, They dont actually know where it started...

If it were just a GAY disease, women and their husbands would not be passing it to one another... Like in Africa.... The Virus came from eating undercooked monkeys and or getting an infected monkeys blood into your system somehow....