In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anybody here a regular traveler on United?

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Did your Milage Plus account downgrade itself when the Continental merger completed?

I had Premier Executive status right before the merger completed ut now I am a Premier Silver, the lowest status in the program. My next flight would have had me a 1K status but I goofed up and cashed in a bunch of miles which put me at a balance under 50K miles, during ther change over since I was at under 50K my status changed.

Really ticked me off because I have been a faithfull flyer on United since 2007, spent a ton of money on upgrades not to mention high ticket costs. I even use my Milage Plus when renting cars and reserve cars right off the United website.

Some of the perks I enjoyed after using them for so long was free checked bags, free Economy Plus, Premier Access boarding and free upgrades to Business on domestic flights, well it's all gone now. Well untill they credit my last flight which will have me a Gold status.

I called United raising some hell wanting to know why this happened, there is no answer except "we are so sorry for your inconvienance". Maybe it's time to go back to flying Emirates!!

I did have the honor of flying on Delta from Bozeman to San Diego and that made me miss the perks from United even more.

In such competitive times why would an airline piss off so many of its customers by taking away the perks and downgrading member statuses like this? After doing some looking around I'm not the only one pissed at them.

Comments

• dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lonnie, It works on how many miles flown from 01 Jan to 31 Dec, not how many you have in your account.

Biggest issues I have had is just logging into my MP account. Customer service has gone down the tubes since the merger.
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FWIW- I recently (May) retired, and do not expect to be getting on a plane 2-4 times a week in the future. Had a crapload of miles on United, Delta, American, etc etc that I do not expect to use.

Fisher House (one of the 10 best charities in the US) provides temp housing for families of GIs while they are visiting the GI in a military hospital. They use donated miles to fly family members to the hospital, and for GIs that may go home on leave during extended (rehab) medical treatment.

Most airlines will match miles that you donate. I just donated 250 K miles to Fisher House. If you are tired of playing pattycake with TSA, give the miles to someone that really needs them.
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ur a decent man 11b6r. kudos to u
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got dropped down to ZERO with Delta. Was at least at silver before.

Had to pay to check my bag going Houston. Screw em I'm flying Emerates from now on.