In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

WARNING.

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Blackroses asked me to post this since she cant.

She also said to Capt Fun. Delete this if you wish.

PLEASE REMEMBER: Bring your animals in during the 4th of July celebrations. A lot of ppl start early with the fireworks and while they are beautiful they are very very scary to any animal. Watch any pregnant animals, they could go into labor at this time (stress) and any dogs or cats, please bring them in. There are way too many "lost" notices after the 4th.

And yes the fireworks have started here already.

Comments

• nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I had a dog once that would charge bottle rockets and try to catch them. He thought they were bad and he wanted to kill them. Fortunately for him, the bottle rockets were faster.
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its awful dry around here for fireworks..........[V]
  • Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, we are foregoing fireworks this year, and I'm a HUGE fan of Whiz-Bangs. Too damn dry to introduce gunpowder to my roof.
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    Very good reminder,thanks BR.[^][^][:)][:)]
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May I ask why she could not post, Please.

I guess I am not up on current events.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SWAT 50
    May I ask why she could not post, Please.

I guess I am not up on current events.

She is on an involuntary hiatus if I remember correctly.
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Thanks Classic. Good reminder.

Too dry here for fireworks this year.

Got one dog that heads for the bathroom to hide when fireworks are going off, he's like that for lightning too. Other dog seems to like fireworks as much as I do. Go figure.
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the wisdom of my states leaders, it is now legal sell fireworks. It is not legal to shoot them off in town though. You have to go to the desert (where all the dry grass is) to light them off.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Our little pooch goes into the bedroom and puts himself under the covers......Thunder and Fireworks.......
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think some States have put a 25,000 dollar fine if caught using them. I love fireworks but this year we don't need anymore fires and I hate to say this I support bans this year where the drought is.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    We have had people setting them off late at night around here for a week now...[xx(]
  • warrior2002warrior2002 Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not only is it too dry to play with fireworks it was 105 in Georgia yesterday. Maybe I'll rip a couple of clips into the dirt bank behind the house. Seems to me firearms are starting to be more appropriate to mark Independence Day than fireworks.
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Fixed it fer Ya[^] And Thanks Great pointquote:Originally posted by Classic095

PLEASE REMEMBER:DON'T Bring your animals in during the 4th of July celebrations. A lot of ppl start early with the fireworks and while they are beautiful they are very very scary to any animal. Watch any pregnant animals, they could go into labor at this time (stress) and any dogs or cats, please bring them in. There are way too many "lost" notices after the 4th.

• MudderChuckMudderChuck Member Posts: 4,105
    edited November -1
    I had a fully trained personal protection dog. He wasn't the least bit gun shy. he'd lay down and nap at the shooting range. I left him in the the car for New years alone, while I was visiting some friends.

That stay in the car by himself with all the fireworks going off ruined him. Any sort of loud noise from that day forward and he was looking for someplace to hide. I tried to retrain him, took him to experts, never worked, he was gun shy from that day forward and pretty much incurable.

Considering my experience with that dog, I've come to the conclusion that one really good panic attack can ruin a working dog.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by woodshed87
    Fixed it fer Ya[^] And Thanks Great pointquote:Originally posted by Classic095

PLEASE REMEMBER:DON'T Bring your animals in during the 4th of July celebrations. A lot of ppl start early with the fireworks and while they are beautiful they are very very scary to any animal. Watch any pregnant animals, they could go into labor at this time (stress) and any dogs or cats, please bring them in. There are way too many "lost" notices after the 4th.

I think it was correct the way it was posted. Classic and BR meant to bring them into the house from outside, not bring them to the fireworks celebration.
  • sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my blue heeler has to be chained when fireworks are going off, he wants to chase them, he will run down whatever is going off and grab it in his mouth,More than one time I have saw him hold a string of firecrackers in his mouth while they were going off and just shake them as they popped
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Yep, we heard them last night. Our dogs are affraid of them, but they think they have to bark at them, so it keeps us old folks up.[:(!]
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, know what ya mean. I HAD an explosive detecting dog once. You know they're taught to find explosives, not bark, and sit down near the find. Took him to the annual fireworks show. He found the grand fanale just before they lit it. I HAD an explosive detecting dog once.
  • machine gun moranmachine gun moran Member Posts: 5,198
    edited November -1
    A few years back, one of my nephews had a couple of dogs that loved fireworks. When the fuse on a mortar-fired device was lit, they would circle the mortar, barking themselves hoarse. When it went launched, they would watch it rise, and start barking some more when it went off. Then they would look around for someone to bring the next one. Afterwards, they would sleep until July 7th.[:D]
  • 8000fthi8000fthi Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by steve45
    In the wisdom of my states leaders, it is now legal sell fireworks. It is not legal to shoot them off in town though. You have to go to the desert (where all the dry grass is) to light them off.
    You must live in Tucson.
  • hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by we_dig_it
    Its awful dry around here for fireworks..........[V]

+1k

stay safe
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same here, scares the heck out of my dog. BUT! most vets will prescribe mild sedatives for pets if you ask them, and it helps greatly!!!!